Options
So for the last year and a half I've doing 5k's with my oldest (she's medically discharged from the army). We done almost 20 as of today. We've been doing about 2 a month, makes my doctor happy. We walk them but she's been pushing me to jog, I've been able to pick out marks and jig to them then walk while I catch my breath..lol (just found out I have asthma). If any one is close by in GA and want to join us or come out to support let me know.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    lots of people have success with the couch to 5k program too, so it might be worth checking into. There are tons of free apps that can coach you through the program.

~best wishes
  • loupootoo
    loupootoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree the couch to 5k plan is great. Have you looked at/heard of park run? It's a free 5k every Saturday morning. I've started going each week with my children and friends. Some of us jog, some walk, but either way it's always a good atmosphere and good fun. Most places have a volunteer who will stay at the back so that you never have to worry about being last, and you get timed so as you improve you can see your times drop.
  • vmkw
    vmkw Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    thanks