Eating out...

Options
So a girlfriend has asked me out to lunch and we are going to the burrito bar, can someone help me decide what to order, I hate eating out only because I have no idea how to log food that I don’t know the nutritional value of

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Take a picture of it and then enter it as individual ingredients when you get home.

Since we have no way of knowing the menu at the burrito bar...

Figure any burrito is going to be 600-900 calories. Get a small one. Or a beans and rice bowl, small. It's the cheese, guac, sour cream and beef that are going to add the most calories. Chips are 150 calories for about ten of them, so keep that in mind.
  • Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken, beans, veg and salsa in a bowl
  • Bec200283
    Bec200283 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if I can link the website with the menu
  • Bec200283
    Options
    Here is what I’m thinking of getting...
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    A bowl with beans, chicken, loaded up with veggies and a dollop of guac. No cheese, no rice.

Well...that’s always my order anyway. You don’t have to be me. Get what you want within reason, track it and move forward. Even if you go over once it won’t affect your long term progress. Enjoy your time with your friend.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Bec200283 wrote: »

That sounds really delicious. Remember to add in any chips, salsa, drinks. The only thing is that it's 2460 calories (listed at the bottom of the menu as kJ) would take care of me for a few days! I suggest you consider dividing your plate by 1/2 or 1/3 as soon as it's served. Eat part and take the rest home for 2 more meals. You can enjoy the meal even longer and save a ton of calories. I find that Mexican food reheats quite well, you just have to take off any lettuce and avocado first.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

Well, they at least provide the kJ (calories) estimate. It's better than nothing.

Does that fall within your target for the day? You can quick add the number of kilojoules instead of creating a new database entry.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Haha funny how that falls in the skinny menu.

If I want mexican I usually try to get fajitas with meat and veg, and skip the tortillas. Or just have one.

When I'm really try to be good I just get ceviche though.
  • Anon2018
    Anon2018 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

That sounds really delicious. Remember to add in any chips, salsa, drinks. The only thing is that it's 2460 calories (listed at the bottom of the menu as kJ) would take care of me for a few days! I suggest you consider dividing your plate by 1/2 or 1/3 as soon as it's served. Eat part and take the rest home for 2 more meals. You can enjoy the meal even longer and save a ton of calories. I find that Mexican food reheats quite well, you just have to take off any lettuce and avocado first.

2460 kJ converts to like 640 calories
  • Bec200283
    Options
    I thought 2460kj was 588 calories?? Geez I don’t want to eat 2460 calories
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Oh ok. That's not terribly high. I'd get that.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I thought 2460kj was 588 calories?? Geez I don’t want to eat 2460 calories

lol you're not. You're good.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

@lorrpb It's listed at kj because it's kilojoules. Roughly 587 calories.

I don't see where all the calories come from, unless it's the ranch. My usual Mad Mex chicken burrito bowl with black beans, cheese, sour cream, lettuce and jalapenos comes out at 1630kJ/389 cals