Relapsed dieter with over 160 lbs. to lose - hi everyone!

Options
getsmallerhikelonger
getsmallerhikelonger Posts: 8 Member
edited January 2018 in Introduce Yourself
I'm April. Back in 2013 I lost 90 lbs. I've managed to gain it all back and then some, and now I sit with at least 160 lbs to lose. This definitely isn't my first rodeo with MFP or losing weight, but I'm hoping to be more involved with the community this time - I have a lot of knowledge to share but even more to gain. :)

Replies

• Nursie863
    Nursie863 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi nice to meet you. I have about 70 pounds to lose. I am also a repeat offender - lost about 30 pounds then gained it back within 6 months. I'm a night shift nurse so I find it difficult to work around my weird sleep schedule - but I'm giving it a real effort. Feel free to add me!
  • getsmallerhikelonger
    Options
    Nursie863 wrote: »
    Hi nice to meet you. I have about 70 pounds to lose. I am also a repeat offender - lost about 30 pounds then gained it back within 6 months. I'm a night shift nurse so I find it difficult to work around my weird sleep schedule - but I'm giving it a real effort. Feel free to add me!

Nice to meet you too! Ugh, maintaining is so hard. I think I lasted a week before I spiraled out of control.

Being on a weird schedule really does make it hard! I only recently started working normal, consistent daytime hours and it's been a huge help. Thank god for 24 hour gyms!
  • samanthaj1005
    samanthaj1005 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m Sam, and I’m kind of on the same boat. The first time I lost all my weight I cut carbs and have gained it all back. Now I’m doing it including all food groups!