Fitbit vs Apple Watch

Options
Let’s get to the point !! which one is better?
Which one do you have, why do you like, why do you not like it?
As of now I am leaning towards the Fitbit, because I do a iPhone, just thinking I want to use this more towards the fitness not phone
What is your opinion and why?

Replies

• mhodgie
    mhodgie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit One for 4 years before it decided to start faltering. Only options I found to replace it with were wrist models so we decided to jump on the Apple Watch (series 3, non cellular!). I LOVE IT! It has a native app for tracking our runs and I don't need my phone (iPhone7+) with me while we go. Tracks very well and the map is pretty good! Data from the Workout (Apple Health) will transfer to MyFitnessPal as well for caloric tracking.
  • Jasp03
    Jasp03 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My vote is for the Apple Watch as well. I've had 3 fitbit products, none of which lasted much longer than a year. I've had my Apple Watch for a year and a half now and no issues. Also no need to repeat about the tracking, @mhodgie above said it all ^^
  • ginique
    ginique Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I can't speak on Apple, but I've had two Fitbits and both fell apart after a year. Complete waste of money.
  • SwissHausfrau
    SwissHausfrau Posts: 83 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Neither, I recently. Bought a skagen smart watch, more because of the looks than usability though.
    It has a step counter and vibrates when I get a call or email/message.... that’s all I need.... and it tells the time whilst looking good IMO
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    What do you intend to use this watch for? That would be the most important question to ask as everyone uses those things differently. One point of advise: don't use any for counting calories, especially if they have an HR sensor. They grossly overstate for many people.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    The Apple watches are nice enough but the battery life on them seems to be pretty poor - quite a few of my colleagues have them. My wife and daughter have both had fitbits but weren't that impressed by them and both have moved to Garmin Vivoactive HR's which they are happy with - especially with the excellent battery life.

If you want better looks then the Vivoactive 3 is an option - I've had one since Christmas and been impressed with it so far.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I absolutely adore my Fitbit One and would be devastated if they stopped making them and my Fitbit died....

My Fitbit survived an unexpected swim in the ocean. I do not like watches or wristbands.

I would not be able to handle a watch-type fitness tracker. I can't stand wearing anything like that. I love that my Fitbit One can clip to my bra or to my pants pocket. It's perfect for me.
  • BrigidKemm
    BrigidKemm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the Fitbit Charge HR for a year, and now I have an Apple Watch. If you like being able to get your notifications etc. on your watch, especially if you run/walk and want to be able to leave your phone at home, I say go with the Apple Watch, because the newest one has it's own cell signal and can stream Apple Music or your playlists. This is easy and convenient if you're already an Apple user. If you really just want something to count steps/calories, then save your money and go with the Fitbit.

I personally love being able to listen to music without having to carry my phone (easily my favorite feature), especially since I do Crossfit and wearing a phone armband sucks. I also love being able to see all my notifications when I'm away from my phone, since I have three small kids and I've missed school calls etc. before.

(You can set up the newest Fitbit to give you text/call notifications, but only if you're within Bluetooth range of your phone. The Apple Watch will receive them anywhere.)
  • karamcrizz
    karamcrizz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love my Apple Watch. Had multiple Fitbits. Many lasted less than a year. Love the concepts for Moving, Exercise and Standing. Simple to monitor and don’t need my phone with me all of the time. I find I’m more active and definitely getting more out of it.
  • Speaker12
    Speaker12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you're wanting something for fitness then I'd suggest a Huawei Band 2 Pro. Built-in GPS, heart rate, links to phone for call/text/whatsapp messages. And a lot cheaper than Fitbit/Apple.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit charge HR for 2 years. I now have an Apple Watch series 3 and much prefer it. I like the looks of it better, as well. With my Fitbit I was always focused on those 10000 steps. With my Apple Watch I find I am more focused of fitness and activity in general.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    ckh825 wrote: »
    Let’s get to the point !! which one is better?

They're completely different things at this level of question. FitBit is a brand that makes a number of activity focused devices, ranging from the ultra basic, to moderately sophisticated. The Apple Watch is a fairly sophisticated smart watch that has some fitness functionality.

The key question is, what do you hope to get from the investment? Which FitBit model have you been looking at?

If I'm perfectly honest, I'd say neither, but without knowing what you're after you're getting little more than random suggestions.

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I wore an Apple Watch every day for two years. Now have a Garmin 935. I'm not a big fan of FitBit and it's been years since I used a FitBit product, so can't offer much in that regard. But as far as Apple vs. Garmin:

The Apple Watch is a better smart watch with some fitness features, the Garmin is a better fitness watch with some smart watch features. Battery life on the Garmin is far better than the Apple Watch - I charged the AW every night, I charge the Garmin every 1-2 weeks.

If you like numbers/data, Apple's native fitness apps are appallingly bad and Garmin's app (Garmin Connect) offers way more information, presented in a much more usable form. I'm a big fan of Apple products and own a lot of them, but I think thus far they've highly underachieved with the Apple Watch in the fitness realm.