Help rough day

Options
I’m having a rough day eating everything in sight.

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,669 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Rome was not built in a single-day! Small effects over a long period of time equal big changes!
  • Eelkov
    Eelkov Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Some chewing gum, drink lots of water? that works for me..
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    It happens. Log it, don't beat yourself up, keep going.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Its already a new day so make today a good one :smile:
  • jessicafordy9
    jessicafordy9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Accept you ate more than you should. Don't regret it. Accept you may see a weight increase more to do with salt causing water retention and actual weight of the food you ate. One day is unlikely to impact fat gain/loss too much. And maybe try to determine the cause so you know for future reference.If there is no cause you are aware of treat it as an indulgence day and just try not to make it a habit.
    (I went over by more than 1000 calories while watching the royal rumble at the weekend. I had planned to do so but seeing those negative numbers leftover isnt great. Remember you're in this for the long haul, one day a month or so isn't terrible just try not to repeat it too often)
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    We all have those. Start fresh today. Remember this is a lifestyle change and it takes time. Go back and take a look at what you ate. Did you get enough water? Was there something going on that caused you to overindulge? Did you get enough protein? I often find if I have been eating alot of carb and not enough protein that I seem to be hungrier. Fat is needed too and can help you feel satisfied. Try to get a better balance and move on.
  • yvonne_beavis
    yvonne_beavis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you didn't do that from time to time, you wouldn't be human. Weight gain often takes place over a long period of time, weight loss isn't sabotaged by one day.
  • kimhski1
    kimhski1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. I'd been sporting a headache for a couple days, couldn't concentrate, was easily distracted and felt like I could sleep all day. I logged everything but just let it go for the day. Today I feel way better and hope you are too.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    This is your opportunity to decide if you will do this long term or not. Those kinds of days will happen all along the way. That’s not the real problem because all it means is it will take one day longer to reach your goal. The real issue is whether you will pick yourself up and carry on with the life you actually really want. Or will you stay down and come back here in a year telling us how you’re back for another kick at the can? You can do it! Good luck!!