Excersise advice anyone

gidgetmarie
gidgetmarie Posts: 3
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
I am a mom to a 3yr old and a 11 week old. I was 114 before I got pregnant with my first child and got up to 157 during my pregnancy. I got back down to 130 after he was born but gained it back up to 147 in a few moths (I think from the depo shot) with the second I got up to 173 and now I weigh 153 I am 5'5. I was wondering if 130 would be a good weight for me and if anyone has any tips on how to loose the weight around the waist/love handles, stomach, and thighs? I currently walk at least every other day with the kids for half hour and also do crunches, side crunches. Ride horse at least once a week and Also started lunges just the other day. Anyone have any other ideas on what I can do and how long I should excersise? I would love to hear anyones opinions! Thanks

Replies

• ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    try c25k!! a running program that starts you from the couch to running a 5k. You cannot spot train but can reduce fat/weight all over. Running is a great way to do that. Maybe some weight lifting in addition as well would help. :-)
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    You need to do some honest cardio if you want to get rid of your weight. I think women only burn about 80 calories per mile when walking but running can get you 100 and it boosts your metabolism. Crunches are great but they build muscle and it won't show unless you strip the fat. 5'5" has a nice wide range of weight that you can go into depending on build and muscle. You can be anywhere from 115-140 (about) and really you need to decide how much maintenance that you are willing to do to stay at your ideal weight happily. No one can really say what is best for you- but you can figure it out as you go.

Great job, btw. I feel like I should point out that you've done wonderfully dropping the baby weight!
  • Thanks you guys for the tips. I am currently walking now, but think I might start doing some jogging now that I am getting a little more in shape then I have been :) Hope it goes well for me I have not been much of an exerciser my whole life because I never really had to till I started having kids. I am excited to try and get back to shape and have been doing good so far excerising. Can't wait to get to my goal! Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.