Yoga

Anyone ever get a bad headache after Yoga?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    No.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited January 2018
    You may be dehydrated or your blood sugar may drop too much. Be sure you are eating and drinking enough before your session. Also check your blood pressure.

If you google "headache after working out" you'll see it's not uncommon but you should be able to avoid it. I wouldn't think it is specific to yoga unless you are stressing the muscles in your neck too much.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 410 Member
    I sometimes get it if I move too quickly from one position to another especially if my head is down, like in a forward fold, and then it quickly comes up. Usually being mindful of transitioning more slowly helps.
  • 5838fish623
    5838fish623 Posts: 76 Member
    Never
  • marysabetournay
    marysabetournay Posts: 69 Member
    if you arent breathing properly, maybe
  • aniracace
    aniracace Posts: 39 Member
    I used to, but only when I wasn't drinking enough water. Try drinking some water throughout the day, before your yoga session, and after. See if you feel better then.
  • tracybear86
    tracybear86 Posts: 163 Member
    Be mindful of how much you are tensing your neck during your practice and where your gaze is falling. I tend to do this a bit. My instructor always seems to remind us a few times during the class to relax the neck/jaw and keep your gaze where it feels most natural.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    No, it usually mkaes me feel better. If I already have a headache, inversions might aggravate it.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Yes, in fact 2 months of basic yoga severely aggravated problems related to chronic arthritis, resulting in constant level 7-9 headaches and neck pain. I've seen multiple doctors and health care providers , none of whom can offer any reasonable explanation. 2 years later it is still with me, but has improved considerably.
    NOT asking for advice here, just responding to OP.