Finally noticing my weight loss!

Options
batorkin
batorkin Posts: 281 Member
edited January 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I was getting fed up because despite being over half way there, I didn't notice a difference in the mirror (even though the measuring tape told me otherwise).

So far, I've lost 44 pounds in 102 days via 1500 calorie diet plus 30-60 minutes of exercise/lifting 6 times a week. I have about 25 more pounds to go and I am finally noticing a difference in the mirror. Every week it seems I get a little slimmer. When people say fat loss is like a toilet paper roll, they aren't exaggerating. It's very hard to notice until you get towards the end.

Just thought I'd share for anyone that may be in the same shoes as I was. Keep at it...

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Great!

And well done on the weight loss so far.
  • KCwantstobehealthy
    Options
    That's awesome! Lol love that line....fat loss is like a toilet paper roll...... I will have to remember that one :smile:
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I will be using that toilet paper analogy....good one!
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good job to sticking with it! I currently don't see any progress as well but I'm only two months in. Hoping within the next few months I'll notice a change :)
  • loseitnow668
    loseitnow668 Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    That’s awesome! I’ve been at it for almost 3 weeks. So far no change on the scale, nor my clothes. Keep up the good work!!
  • cmorehar
    cmorehar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats! How many pounds per week on average were you losing until you noticed a difference?
  • pinkyskid
    pinkyskid Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Excellent Job! Any weight loss tips? I am easily discouraged but when I see this, it sheds light.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!

i never heard that expression before about weight loss and it made me laugh out loud.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    tyrindor wrote: »
    I was getting fed up because despite being over half way there, I didn't notice a difference in the mirror (even though the measuring tape told me otherwise).

So far, I've lost 44 pounds in 102 days via 1500 calorie diet plus 30-60 minutes of exercise/lifting 6 times a week. I have about 25 more pounds to go and I am finally noticing a difference in the mirror. Every week it seems I get a little slimmer. When people say fat loss is like a toilet paper roll, they aren't exaggerating. It's very hard to notice until you get towards the end.

Just thought I'd share for anyone that may be in the same shoes as I was. Keep at it...

1. good job
    2. 3 lbs per week is pretty extreme, and certainly not sustainable.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. I never noticed until I looked at pictures of myself. It was also at around 40 pounds less. Others saw it, I just didn't.
  • batorkin
    batorkin Posts: 281 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

1. good job

Oh I know, the last few weeks have been about 2.2 pounds/week. The site says I will lose 1.9 pounds/week on 1500 calories but I exercise pretty much daily.

My first goal is probably high, realistically I probably have another 35 to lose. I expect it to start slowing down quite a bit soon.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

1. good job

Oh I know, the last few weeks have been about 2.2 pounds/week. The site says I will lose 1.9 pounds/week on 1500 calories but I exercise pretty much daily.

My first goal is probably high, realistically I probably have another 35 to lose. I expect it to start slowing down quite a bit soon.

Thanks for the context. I understand having a high goal/target weight. I'm doing that myself, and cruising at about 1.5-2 per week with about 10 to go.
  • dottyrainesimon
    dottyrainesimon Posts: 17 Member
    Options

That is so great. Be proud of that an give your brain time to catch up on the changes. Good job!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way, so I appreciate your post. My bf said that I feel smaller around when we hug but still nothing on my end. Thanks for the words of encouragement