CLA for Weight loss

Options
Has anyone had success with using CLA when combining a good diet and exercise regime? I know that it is a healthier fat so I usually take it in the morning before I run and then right before I eat breakfast.

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I've had success with diet and exercise, no CLA necessary.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    nope .. it did nothing for me :disappointed: I continued to loose at the same rate on it as I was off of it ... fortunately its not expensive
  • cmorehar
    cmorehar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree with that. Logging what I eat and do for exercise and carefully watching my cals in/out has made a huge difference, but I don't think CLA had much to do with my weight loss so far.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The good diet (i.e. calorie deficit) and exercise will take care of it. The CLA won't do a thing.

https://examine.com/supplements/conjugated-linoleic-acid/
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    i lost with CLA...... my money that is :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »
    i lost with CLA...... my money that is :)

Yeah, me too.

OP there is no generic supplement that will cause weight loss, *in excess* of what you're already losing eating in a deficit. Keeping your calories in/calories out in check is the only way to lose weight.

Trust me, I wasted hundreds and hundreds of dollars looking for that edge in a pill/powder form when i first started trying to lose weight. Not one of them made a dot of difference!