Motivating moms!

Options
Hi! I’ve used fitness pal for a while now and was very inconsistent. Lately I have been more persistent on wanting to lose weight. I have hit one of my highest numbers ever. I gained a lot after my pregnancy and just really never lost it. I’m looking for friends who are in the same boat. Friends who are willing to post there goals. And share tips etc. we all deserve to feel our best!

Replies

• cishact1541
    cishact1541 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey. I actually just started on mfp. I am a fairly new mom of a seven month old and have been consistently gaining weight since first getting pregnant. I am trying to get serious about losing some of the excess. Feel free to add me.
  • SarcasmNSass
    SarcasmNSass Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mom to 4 here! Anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • ashleyrebekah392
    ashleyrebekah392 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mom of 1. Feel free to add me
  • vanessagonzz
    vanessagonzz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had my second baby 8 weeks ago! I'm trying to lose the weight quicker than the first time around. I have about 40 I want to lose. You can add me!
  • kazie1206
    kazie1206 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am a mom to a beautiful 5 year boy. I had lost quite a lot of weight (80 lbs) pre-pregnancy, then I got pregnant and gain 30 during my pregnancy. You can imagine my surprise when my new bundle of joy was only 8 lbs and not 30! Haha. After I had him, I was exhausted all the time, didn’t get my exercise and started to eat like all the time! And eventually I put on another 30! So I started journey weight loss number 2 and lost the 60 I picked up during the pregnancy and then an additional 40! I was finally down to my goal of 155 and felt great. THEN, I started slacking and re-found 20 of that. So now I am back and motivated to get back to my goal. I know it can be tough with kiddos. Even finding time to get out of the house to run around the block takes an act of congress. Got to find that perfect time between, he’s in bed, someone else is home to keep an ear out, and I’m not also passed out. But we can do it! Feel free to add and we can motivate each other momma! What is your plan? I am trying low calorie ketosis with 3-5 days a week of 30 minutes of cardio.
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I had my son 11 years ago. Before having him I had my perfect body. I took dancing for 16 years and had that slim toned body. Sadly I never lost my pregnancy weight. My husband and I moved in together when I got pregnant (had lived at home up till then). I ate like crap while pregnant bc I didn’t know how to cook a lot of things so we had fast food - a lot! This continued after I gave birth. I went back to work full time after 6 weeks of having him and was also planning our wedding, and we were in the process of buying our house! Busy year (child, marriage, house = no time for cooking). The weight piled on. I saw 198 on the scale and said nope! Not going to see 200. So I started mfp. Lost the same 10-15 pounds back and forth for years. Then 8 years later I got pregnant with my daughter. I was 198 when I got pregnant with her. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes with that pregnancy. It scared me so I ate like I was supposed to and only gained 5 pounds with that pregnancy. When I had her, the weight instantly dropped. 6 weeks post partum I was at 161. I was breastfeeding too so that helped. After 3 months I was back at work to my desk job and between my sons soccer schedule, my infant constantly wanting to breastfeed when we got home, to my husband shift working and doing it all by myself half the time, no time to cook even though I now know how to cook all kinds of things. I was exhausted so in comes fast food again constantly! What stopped me this time was I was starting to have bad chest pains all the time like someone wrapped their arms around me and was squeezing as tight as they could. I had woken up one morning in a cold sweat, nauseated and dizzy with a migraine. I felt like I couldn’t breath. I took my blood pressure and it was 191/84. I broke down crying to my husband that I needed to do something or I’m going to die. This was the first time I’ve seen my husband this nervous and worried. Since then I’ve been watching what I eat and I cook all my meals at home (quit my job in March 17 to stay home with my kids). I cook most things from scratch. Not all. But I’m more mindful of what I’m eating. I’ve lost 16 pounds so far since October (when my blood pressure scare happened). I feel great! My blood pressure is under control and I haven’t had anymore chest pains or dizzy spells. I still have 42 more pounds I want to lose. Not quite to my dancers body of 118 but I’m a 35 years old mom of 2 now and I want some sexy mama curves. If anyone wants to be on this journey with me, please add me. The more support the marrier. I’m only losing now by food and staying under my calories every single day! I will add in strength training once I get to about 160 or so. Let’s do this mamas!
  • grayskymorning
    grayskymorning Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 here! Back to back pregnancies and I was lucky to come out of them all at pre-pregnancy weight each time, but that was high... and I lost muscle and gained flab instead. I'm working to change that. Add me too!
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I just had my fifth baby almost 9 months ago! I gained A LOT with each pregnancy and lost all or most before getting pregnant again. I lost 63 pounds after my 4th was born when I really buckled down on my diet and did strength training. With each baby it seemed like as soon as I hit my first goal weight, I got pregnant again. I've never managed to reach my final goal weight.

I'm DONE having babies so this time it's going to stick. I gained all 63 pounds back with #5. I'm down 37 pounds so far and weighed in at 158 this week. I have 18 pounds to go to hit my first goal weight, and then will re-evaluate with 10 pound increments until I'm where I want to be. I'm breastfeeding and watching my calories and lifting weights again. I'm 5'1" so every pound is a big deal, but so is every calorie so it's been tough once I get closer and closer to my goal.
  • specialt616
    specialt616 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mother of 2. We really want to try again but for pregnancy related health issues I ha e to list at least 40kbs before I can try
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mom to three children. I lost all the weight I needed/wanted to last year and I'm working on maintaining/recomping now. Feel free to add me for support.
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, mamas! I’m a 27-year-old mom of a seven month old. I gained over 60 pounds during pregnancy, and was 20 to 30 pounds overweight before that. 25 pounds came off in the first week postpartum and I’ve lost about 17 since then.Still have a ways to go though!
  • Believer118
    Believer118 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeeeeeeeah! Please someone add me!!! I'm a mum as well! Still trying to lose her baby weight 2 years after giving birth =(
  • Believer118
    Believer118 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cannot manage to add any of u.....how do I do that??
  • liap
    liap Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am a Mum of two and happy to add anyone for motivation I’m at a bit of a plateau!
  • mewickla
    mewickla Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm a FTM looking to lose the (excessive) amount of weight I've gained since the beginning of my pregnancy, so about 14 months ago. Feel free to add me!
  • mewickla
    mewickla Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Cannot manage to add any of u.....how do I do that??

When you click on someone's name, there should be a sort of pop-up. Click on the username and that should take you to their profile where you can add them. I don't know if there's a quicker way to do this, but this is how I do it. :)
  • TheMothership71
    TheMothership71 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 here
    19, 18, 8, 4
    It’s the best job in the world!!
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of 2 (16 year old and 11 year old). I've done the weight loss battle up and down for the last 15 years. This time I'm determined to maintain my weight (I just lost 58 pounds and am at my goal). I feel like losing is the 'easy' party, but maintenance is the hard part. Feel free to add me, I am happy to motivate and receive motivation.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 here
    19, 18, 8, 4
    It’s the best job in the world!!

Wow, that is quite a gap between the first and the 4th! You must have a lot of energy! Congrats! I couldn't imagine having another one.
  • jennabun101
    jennabun101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Mom to 3 teens here... always looking for motivating friends!

Right now, I'm on the right track but I've battled for years. I tried many a fad diet but always ended up gaining more in the end. Now, it's not even about weight, so much as it is health!