if you have doubts this is worth watching

Options
i started loosing weight at 286 lb. and was really not too sure i could make it work i mean come on im turning 40 in a few months and i weighed right at 100 lbs. more than what i should have. thats a big mountain when your looking at it from the bottom. about a month ago i saw this video that changed things for me. i learned from watching this that im not loosing 100lbs today im eating right as best as i know and exersising what i can TODAY and deal with tommorrow when its time. in 5 weeks (35 todays) im down 20lbs from where i started. i am just elated because im not operating on hope as much anymore im running on solid success and pride in that success. i have wanted to do this for 3 years and just hadnt but TODAY i finished my weight loss routine and im really eager to do it again tommorrow because i know it will work if i do my part.

anyhow i thought i would share what gave my optimism a jump start it may not do anything for you but the event it talks about started today so after i saw it on cnn i decided to post it here. people are always looking for inspiration so TODAY i decided to share some of mine.

this one is the best i think its 4 min
http://vitality.yahoo.com/video-second-act-diana-nyad-25925304

this is a link to the story on cnn
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/08/07/nyad.swim.motivation/index.html?eref=igoogledmn_topstories

Replies

• bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump, will definitely read later, thanks!!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • fine4now
    fine4now Posts: 84
    Options
    Very inspiring, Thank you!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Will check it out!! Thanks for sharing!
  • rachie50380
    Options
    what does it mean when you write "bump"?
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    Options
    Thanks! And congrats!!!! YOU are doing great!!!
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Wow...what an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!
  • glmeyer
    glmeyer Posts: 7
    Options
    "bumping" is a way to reactivate an old thread by bringing it back up to the top. There's really no reason to "bump" a thread right after it's been written, so maybe in this case people mean "thumbs-up"??
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    bump is also a handy way to put the thread under your topics so you can find it later
  • glmeyer
    glmeyer Posts: 7
    Options
    ahhh...so, really, you just need to write anything because you're not so much bumping as you are storing

Anyway, thanks to the OP for this and good luck to you!
  • dashbeaujippers
    dashbeaujippers Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is totally inspiring! Thank you!