New and looking for friends

Hey it my second day on this app looking for friends to joke , laugh, and motivate. Little bit about me I’m a single mom of two beautiful girls who are now old enough to let me focus on myself. Would luv to have a group of like minded people to make this journey a little easier.... I’m just getting of doing the Whole30 and am into cleanish eating... but luv hearing about what works for people

Replies

• coffeesue6
    coffeesue6 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello! Been on here for a little over a month and am slowly losing weight. My kids are grown but don't always act like it! LOL! Nice to meet you☺
  • JoyceBriton
    JoyceBriton Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! It's my 2nd day here, too! And this is my first post. :)
    What's Whole30? Let's learn and get fit together. :)
  • Sara_Behnawa
    Sara_Behnawa Posts: 5 Member
    Hay dear, you can add me if you want to i am also looking for friends in mfp, mom of 2 ( a boy and a girl) 30 years old and started to eat carefully almost 3 months now ofcourse 6 days in a week are cheating days
  • robanntyler
    robanntyler Posts: 24 Member
    I’m new also, you can add me. Been seriously working on weight loss for about 8 months now, going well with miles to go. Good Luck !
  • Bellsz28
    Bellsz28 Posts: 7 Member
    Been around for a month, trying to really commit this time around! Also looking for some people to help keep me motivated!
  • thundercat_982
    thundercat_982 Posts: 3 Member
    Been here forever. I Lost 70lbs then I quit and gained 20 back. So now im back.
  • NannylouG
    NannylouG Posts: 9 Member
    Hi, I have been on MFP forever (My first weight and food logged was Jan 1, 2010!) but I am only trying Whole30 for the first time. I am on day 14!!!

I am really excited about how I feel. Although my original motivation was to lose weight, I have been dragging my feet for over six months because of the way I felt. I decided to try Whole30 even though they warn not to look to it as a way to lose weight.

I am amazed at how much better I feel after just two weeks. Sinus issues, pulmonary issues, dull liver pains, poor sleep and joint pains all gone! I have to take a conscious, deliberate inventory of what has suddenly stopped bothering me. Since I can't weigh myself during this month I can't say how that is going but I feel thinner and my belly is flatter.

The last time I had true success with a diet was South Beach Diet back in 2003. I did lose some weight with Weight Watchers back in 2008-2009 but it quickly came back. I also tried Nutrisystems with so-so success but I hated the food.

I was always skinny into my late 30s - even through pregnancies. But Father Time caught up with me, as did Mother Nature, and I weigh nearly 30 pounds more than I did at 9 months pregnant. I'd be happy to go back to my old pregnancy weight now, which would be best since I am not a kid anymore.

A male friend lost a LOT of weight on the Optavia weight loss program but my Cardiologist said he wants me eating real, whole foods and not these gimmicky shakes and meal replacements. Plus, that program is super costly. You have to buy their food plan which STARTS at almost $400, and then purchase additional shake and "fueling" packages on top of the food, which still doesn't cover every meal.

I bought three of the Whole30 books - It Starts with Food, The 30-Day Guide and The Whole30 Fast & Easy Cookbook. Have to admit I haven't touched the cookbook yet. But I will because I will likely make this a Whole60 or Whole90 and then transition into Paleo. Now that I have started this journey I am already determined to make it a life change.

Looking forward to cheering each other on if you take the Whole30 challenge as well (or even if you go another route).
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I love creating a tribe. I have been in and out of MFP. I love it as a tool but need to create a better habit of using it. I did the Optavia program 5 years ago. I lost 70lbs and have kept it off for 5 years. That program taught me how to eat 6 small meals a day to balance my blood sugars (I was diagnosed pre-diabetic at the time). Just like anything you do, you can turn it into a fad diet. Figure out what works best for you and keep it as a lifestyle.
    You're going to do great! You've taken the first steps! You decided it is time to focus on yourself and you have chosen a healthy eating plan to get you started.
  • _AmandaDavis
    _AmandaDavis Posts: 3 Member
    I'm new too, so I'm looking for friends who have similar eating habits. Mind if I add you?
  • super_who_fandom
    super_who_fandom Posts: 12 Member
    Hello! Ive been a member here for quite some time, Ive lost about 50+ lbs a few years ago while dieting and doing cardio based exercises (which I dont recommend, mainly because the weight falls off fast and I had excessive loose skin). I fell off the wagon and gained just about everything back that i lost and last spring I decided enough was enough and downloaded this app all over again. I started doing the Paleo diet (which helped me lose at least 25+ lbs within the first 2 months) I started working out by lifting weights and only doing cardio once or twice a week, and walking/running. Honestly, I can say that by adding the weight lifting to my workout routine i am in the best shape that Ive ever been in (even better than the first time i lost weight) So far I have lost about 45 lbs and still going!
  • jennabun101
    jennabun101 Posts: 54 Member
    I've been on and off since 2013. Watched my weight go up and down. This time is different!!! I honestly feel determined, not to fit into skinny jeans... but to get healthy. I'm tired of feeling like crap! Still, I don't want to starve myself or eat "diet" food. I'm working on getting up off my butt and getting into the gym more often.
  • clarkane8
    clarkane8 Posts: 78 Member
    Hi. I'm always looking for new friends so we can each offer motivation, love, and support to each other. I am forever on a journey to a healthier life, and am slowly getting there. :)
  • Divinci1020
    Divinci1020 Posts: 3 Member
    I would add you because I'm new too, but I don't know how....
  • Divinci1020
    Divinci1020 Posts: 3 Member
    clarkane8 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm always looking for new friends so we can each offer motivation, love, and support to each other. I am forever on a journey to a healthier life, and am slowly getting there. :)

How can I add you?
  • mandieroussel
    mandieroussel Posts: 3 Member
    Also looking for whole 30 partners!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Okay, so how old do you have to be so you can focus on you again? My 5 year old still needs most of my time. LOL