if you have doubts this is worth watching

i started loosing weight at 286 lb. and was really not too sure i could make it work i mean come on im turning 40 in a few months and i weighed right at 100 lbs. more than what i should have. thats a big mountain when your looking at it from the bottom. about a month ago i saw this video that changed things for me. i learned from watching this that im not loosing 100lbs today im eating right as best as i know and exersising what i can TODAY and deal with tommorrow when its time. in 5 weeks (35 todays) im down 20lbs from where i started. i am just elated because im not operating on hope as much anymore im running on solid success and pride in that success. i have wanted to do this for 3 years and just hadnt but TODAY i finished my weight loss routine and im really eager to do it again tommorrow because i know it will work if i do my part.

anyhow i thought i would share what gave my optimism a jump start it may not do anything for you but the event it talks about started today so after i saw it on cnn i decided to post it here. people are always looking for inspiration so TODAY i decided to share some of mine.

this one is the best i think its 4 min
http://vitality.yahoo.com/video-second-act-diana-nyad-25925304

this is a link to the story on cnn
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/08/07/nyad.swim.motivation/index.html?eref=igoogledmn_topstories

Replies

• bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    bump, will definitely read later, thanks!!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    bump!
  • fine4now
    fine4now Posts: 84
    Very inspiring, Thank you!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Will check it out!! Thanks for sharing!
  • what does it mean when you write "bump"?
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    Thanks! And congrats!!!! YOU are doing great!!!
  • Wow...what an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!
  • glmeyer
    glmeyer Posts: 7
    "bumping" is a way to reactivate an old thread by bringing it back up to the top. There's really no reason to "bump" a thread right after it's been written, so maybe in this case people mean "thumbs-up"??
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    bump is also a handy way to put the thread under your topics so you can find it later
  • glmeyer
    glmeyer Posts: 7
    ahhh...so, really, you just need to write anything because you're not so much bumping as you are storing

Anyway, thanks to the OP for this and good luck to you!
  • dashbeaujippers
    dashbeaujippers Posts: 104 Member
    This is totally inspiring! Thank you!