High protein breakfast food

Iwltwowoa
Iwltwowoa Posts: 19 Member
Hey guys Im need of some high protein on the go breakfast ideas.

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    It doesn't take long to cook some eggs. Eastcoast Jim
  • kimhski1
    kimhski1 Posts: 32 Member
    Avocado toast with soft boiled eggs. Might be a little messy for 'on the go' now that I think about it. I like the burrito idea :)
  • Iwltwowoa
    All these ideas sound delish!!! Thank you guys!
  • StefanieFriend
    StefanieFriend Posts: 1 Member
    Overnight oats, I keep finding more recipes that I like on pinterest. They generally run around 15 to 22 grams of protein for a half pint jar full. I've made almond butter & banana, blueberry muffin and chocolate cherry almond. All made with oats, vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, honey, unsweetened almond milk and vanilla greek yougurt. I would be glad to share recipes if you would like to give them a try!
  • Iwltwowoa
    Overnight oats, I keep finding more recipes that I like on pinterest. They generally run around 15 to 22 grams of protein for a half pint jar full. I've made almond butter & banana, blueberry muffin and chocolate cherry almond. All made with oats, vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, honey, unsweetened almond milk and vanilla greek yougurt. I would be glad to share recipes if you would like to give them a try!

Ooooo I didnt even think of pinterest!!!
  • sandrafecteau50
    sandrafecteau50 Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to try them!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I mix nonfat Greek yogurt, protein powder, chocolate PB2, fiber cereal, and soymilk. Sweeten with your favorite sweetener as needed. Macros/calories of course depend on the brands and portion sizes you use, but my typical bowl comes in just under 300 calories, 35 grams of protein, 20 grams of fiber. You can mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients in separate containers the night before, and then stir them together in the morning.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    What is...? Meat.

And Greek yogurt.
  • Iwltwowoa
    apullum wrote: »
    I mix nonfat Greek yogurt, protein powder, chocolate PB2, fiber cereal, and soymilk. Sweeten with your favorite sweetener as needed. Macros/calories of course depend on the brands and portion sizes you use, but my typical bowl comes in just under 300 calories, 35 grams of protein, 20 grams of fiber. You can mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients in separate containers the night before, and then stir them together in the morning.

This sounds amazing!!!
  • opalastrophel
    opalastrophel Posts: 12 Member
    If you want something you can grab and take with you, you can pre-prep whole grain egg and bean burritos with whatever other toppings you like and just keep them wrapped in foil. They're easy to heat up in the oven or microwave (foil off for the latter of course).

If you like baking, sometimes I'll bake a pan of oatmeal muffins with greek yogurt and eggs in the batter, subbing the recipes oil or butter for half a cup of peanut butter.
  • Iwltwowoa
    If you want something you can grab and take with you, you can pre-prep whole grain egg and bean burritos with whatever other toppings you like and just keep them wrapped in foil. They're easy to heat up in the oven or microwave (foil off for the latter of course).

If you like baking, sometimes I'll bake a pan of oatmeal muffins with greek yogurt and eggs in the batter, subbing the recipes oil or butter for half a cup of peanut butter.

Both of these ideas sound amazing! Thank you! I will be trying both!
  • rosecrow18
    rosecrow18 Posts: 1 Member
    I’ve been enjoying these carb master smoothies from Kroger. They’re higher protein low cal taste good and you can grab it and drink it in the car.
  • kjordan48
    kjordan48 Posts: 1 Member
    Protein shake with peanut butter and banana - of course it all depends on what your macros are.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    I make mini crustless quiche in a muffin tin on Sunday night. This week is caramelized onion, jimmy dean sausage crumbles and cheese. They are not huge, but he are high protein, low cal, and filling.
  • niicolenicole
    niicolenicole Posts: 12 Member
    Protein powder with a tiny bit of water to make it a paste. If you like your protein powder, its delicious! Put that on a rice cake. I also do egg whites!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Keep some shredded chicken breast on hand - you can add it to eggs, savory oatmeal, toast, etc. to bump up protein.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I buy eggs at costco that have already been hard boiled and they come in little packs of 2...that along with my caveman bar and my v8 gets me to 20 grams of protein on the go.