Juice Fasting

Options
Brady_
Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
So I am starting a Juice fast Monday morning. I am hoping to go 7 days...and then from there maybe do the juice fast 3-4 days within a week for a while, kind of play it by ear. I bought my juicer today at kohls.. $129 juicer for $70 cause I had tons of coupons :-)

Produce is going to be expensive to buy.. but hopefully it will be worth it

if anyone has any tips or anything feel free to let me know! (feel free to add me too if you wanna keep tabs on how its goin)

I think I am also going to TRY to do the 30DS along with this with some walking, but we'll see how the week goes. I have a brides maids dress fitting for alterations on the 25th.

Anyway, I just thought itd be fun to try, good for the body and digestive system since I have problems in that area.

PS. Please dont write on here if your just going to critize me or say negative things, its my body and if you dont agree with what I'm doing with it move on to the next message board :)

Wish me Luck!!

Replies

• Ericdhall75
    Options
    Does that mean you turn everything into juice, is that healthy, sorry for the questions, just never heard of this idea!
  • starsweep4
    starsweep4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck! My photographer is trying it. She said to check out the website called jointhereboot.com. I looked it up and thought about doing it. She really likes it and I hope that it works for you. Good luck! You should google some juicing recipes!
  • erinoldham19
    Options
    can i have some details on the juice fasting? is there a certain one your following?

btw great deal with coupons.. i love coupons.. good luck! i hope it works for you.. i have thought about doing drink diets but i have to put food in my mouth.. but then again i'm starting to get desperate so i might be intersted in trying whatever your doing if it sounds good..
    i was looking into body cleansing supplements but not sure if i can handle that either..
  • cathykonkle
    Options
    I do Isagenix cleanse, and it is really great. If anyone wants to email or call me and ask any questions, please feel free. It's not hard, and the energy you get is really great. They have put together a fantastic program. I have coached quite a few people with this, and also with other things, since I run a weight loss challenge support group. We start our next challenge in October and I am hoping to add some long distance people that want the free support.
    574-259-6181 Cathy
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I am interested in doing a juicing diet. I have issue with binge eating and I read that it can help stop the need to binge! I cannot find anything specific on juicing though!
  • Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Google "juice fasting" or anything like that theres TONS of information about it. Its basically where I put tons of fruitsi and veggies through a juicer and it turns it in to pure juice and takes the pulp out. And you do this for 7 days or however many you want, people lose LOTS and lots of weight from it. I know a girl who lost 10 pounds doing it for just over a week. Produce is really expensive thats the only thing that sucks, and you go through A LOT a day... so you gotta have a little bit of room for $$ for that (in my opinion)

I'm excited for it =)

thers also a documentary called "Fat sick and nearly dead" you can find and watch, its all about juice fasting too.
  • bitonech
    bitonech Posts: 31
    Options
    http://jointhereboot.com/

Under the Reboot Program tab there is a link to about a dozen or more recipes. I just watched this documentary and was so inspired by it that I am going to give it a try for a couple weeks. They have a couple of programs if you don't want to just juice... You can eat nothing but fruit and veggies for 5 days, only juice for 5 days, and go back to nothing but fruits and veggies for 5 more days.

Let us know how your journey goes.

Good Luck!!!! :wink: :wink:
  • KristenReese
    KristenReese Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were inspired by Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and are on Day 3 of our juice fast. I am amazed at how good I feel but I am not eating any food! I was able to work out for an hour with my trainer this morning. She isn't crazy about the idea of the fast but isn't negative about my decision to do it.
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just watched the Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead documentary and am very intrigued. My juicer is now sitting on my counter instead of pushed to the back of the cupboard, ha ha. However, in the past I've had some pre-hypoglycemic symptoms when I haven't had adequate protein so I'm a bit concerned about starting this with my current work schedule. It couldn't hurt to get the micro-nutrients into my diet even if I don't totally fast, though.

Those of you who are going for it, would you mind updating as you progress? I'd be interested in your results.
  • bitonech
    bitonech Posts: 31
    Options
    I just got me a jucier ($30 Craigslist... awesome!) and I tried my first recipe in it.... YUMMMY! 1/2 pineapple and 4 large carrots stir and enjoy!
  • JulieTX86
    JulieTX86 Posts: 303
    Options
    I too am juice fasting. I am on day 3. Here has been my journey so far:

Day 1: Easy, no issues.
    Day 2: HARD. During the day it was fine, but about 10:30pm last night I had a crazy craving for string cheese. LOL
    Day 3: Today, not bad. Slight headache in the afternoon, but I also think I am not drinking enough water. I tend to slack on the water drinking while I am at work, so I will try a lot harder tomorrow and see if it's better. No crazy craving or anything so far today.

You can do a search in the forums for "juice fast" there are several other people doing this right now, for several different lengths of time. I went into more detail on my days so far in that post.

My total weight loss since 8/10 is 3.8 pounds. Averaging 2lbs a day right now. We will see what it looks like in the morning.
    For all the naysayers about not weighing yourself every day. My daily decisions are not decided based on what I see in the morning. I am more interested in seeing the daily ups and downs that are going to occur with the juice fast.
  • dmw907
    dmw907 Posts: 14
    Options
    I suggest anyone interested in juicing watch Sick, Fat and Nearly dead. I watched it about 4 weeks ago. I have now been juicing 24 days and have lost 22 lbs. I follow a modified plan, I juice in the morning and afternoon and eat a raw veggie salad at night. The results are amazing! my skin is better, hair better, and nails stronger. I used to drink 4-6 cups of coffe plus two 20 oz diet dr peppers and now I do not drink anything but the fresh juice I make or water. I have way more energy and the results are fool proof. I try to drink mostly veggie juices but I ushually add fruit, carrots, or ginger for flavor.

My favorite juice is one beet root, 2 carrots, one apple, celery, cucumber, kale, and ginger. Beets have amazing health benefits and are a great source of calcium. Right now I am drinking a recipe I found online with kiwi, grapefruit and a yellow pepper, it's pretty tasty too.

I would love to hear about anyone elses progress or plans to juice. I just joined this website and am happy to see real people talking about their experiences, not fake testimonials!

I plan on continuing for a full 60 days until September 16. My goal is 135lbs so far I have 26 more to go 34 days :)

I also bought some soy protein to supplement my diet but so far I've only had one shake.
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Day 20! Lost 27.8 lbs so far. Not bad for less than 3 weeks! I can't complain. Sept. 23rd here I come! At the 60 day mark I plan on downgrading 4 juices a day to just 2. And have solid meals 2 times a day for awhile. From the high nutrient dense foods focus. I do plan on saying goodbye to most if not all meat after this.

We weigh ourselves daily. So far the average loss is 1.39 lbs per day. Some days like from yesterday to today was 1 lb. Another day it'll be 1.8 to make up for it. Sooooo......the new way of life is ON! I've already recalibrated where I might stop if I happen to be out and about as well as what meals I'll be soon making at home. Our fridge has been 90% fruits and veggies for 3 weeks. Our 2nd fridge is filled with water and more veggies and fruit.

I used to drink frappes fairly regularly, usually after the gym to cool off. But not anymore......... (I'm in Texas, the idea of hot coffee during the summer is not my 'cup of tea'. But in chocolate shake form....ala mocha frappuccino's they were once hard to avoid. Now, it's a cinch.)
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    This sounds interesting... Good luck with it.

Wouldn't you just gain the weight back when you start eating regular again?
  • Steelytop
    Options
    Yes, you would. Regular food is bad for you. And it makes you gain weight. Lots of it. To get a permanent solution, you simply apply permanent changes. Very simple. My old ways were not working for me. They were working against me.

Even if one wanted to remain and omnivore the rest of their lives they could eat right 6 days out of 7, or 13 our 14. And on that rare day you could have whatever. And it would still be fine. It's when you can't control moderation that more drastic measures must be taken to make a permanent change in who I am. The guy I was before wasn't very bright when it came to nutrition. That is now changing finally after 41 years.
  • Steelytop
    Options
    P.S. I was really sick of the same food over and over again forever anyway. Something new sounds wonderful and exciting and unknown and explorable.
  • rocky282
    rocky282 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am going to try doing juice as all but 1 meal for the day and keep it to fruits and vegi's except 2X I will have meat if I can't go without it. I am wondering how I am going to chart it on here though????? Good LUCK!
  • JulieTX86
    JulieTX86 Posts: 303
    Options
    I still just log all the fruits and vegetables that I put into the juicer. Some people don't log at all. I just want to make sure I am not going too crazy with calories when not paying attention. My game plan is that I try to put as little fruit into the juice as I can but still make it drinkable. LOL. I don't want to have some crazy sugar highs because of all the fruit. I still get SEVERAL servings of it in a day by doing it this way.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i watched a documentary about a guy who did a 90 day juice fast i think it was called sick over-weight and dieing? i'm not sure but it sounded like a great healthy way to cleanse your body. i wanna try it but unfortunately i have no juicer.... i have plans to buy one as soon as i have enough money saved up and my kitchen re organized.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I suggest anyone interested in juicing watch Sick, Fat and Nearly dead.

THIS! is the documentary i was talking about!!