I had a bad eating day

Options
I've been going strong since Jan. 4. Consistent weight loss and body fat loss. This weekend I went to San Francisco and overate, a lot. Pizza breadsticks chips the whole lot. How can I stay positive after doing that? Feeling guilty but I know one day doesn't mess up all your progress. Anyone have advice on dealing with the guilt?

Replies

• jocelynmoore08
    jocelynmoore08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Imagine the reverse. If you consistently ate crap all the time...then ate a reasonable, healthy diet for two days. Would you expect to be instantly down weight and healthy? NO
    Same goes for a slip up. So you had some bad meals this weekend. Let to go, move forward.
  • rachel780mpg
    rachel780mpg Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I find it easier/comforting/less guilty to look at what my maintenance calories are for a day and compare that to what I ate. If they are close, at least I feel like I did no harm.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm having pizza tonight and I'm in a calorie deficit. Don't worry so much. One weekend isn't a big deal.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    One day won't mess up all your progress but, letting that day or weekend turn into several on a consistent basis will get you no where. You should cut yourself some slack and know that no one is going to eat perfectly 100% of the time. Though, remember this feeling the next time you think about overindulging and work to lessen those occurrences over time, stay positive in that even if you have a bad day or weekend, you're still progressing in leading a healthier lifestyle overall.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Track it.

Weight loss is a set of things to do. #1 is called a diary here on MFP. Make the diary the center of your efforts. It’s not possible to do long term weight loss and not eat too much at some point.
    If you make the greatest plans ever and concentrate perfectly eventually you will misread a label or make a math mistake or some other error. Just keep tracking and the process is always going forward. Later you can go back and examine what you did. Try to plan better next time.

The process is always more important than the numbers. No one likes making mistakes. Tracking your mistakes keeps them in context and lets you keep going.
  • helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Youre Quarterback of your football team. You threw an interception in the first quarter
    *kitten*

It happened
    But you have a game to win here and plenty of time to do it
    Put it behind you
    Learn from it! Get on your Grind
    Beast out!!!

It's all about how we bounce back because set backs happen to even the best players, and they make for the best games

So you threw a little drama into the mix
    You've got me excited
    What are you going to do now?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    In the grand scheme of things this is just a little bump on the road. Get back on it and be consistent logging and staying within cals and all will be well.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Nobody is 100% perfect, 100% of the time. What makes or breaks you is how you handle the screw ups. You can either chalk it up to being human and keep going, or declare yourself a failure and go back to your old ways. Obviously, you want to do the first one! :smile:
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and be faithful about logging and exercising this week. take positive actions and move on. You can do this!