1000+ calorie meals

Options
Hey I've been looking on line for meals that are 1000+ calories and haven't really found anything great. My issuse is that i need calorie dense food. I can't just eat more of the foods that I'm eating because i just don't have the room in my stomach. If anyone knows of any websites, books, or anything please help me out. Thanks a lot.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    snickers- whole milk oreos and talenti ice cream.

and drink your calories.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    There's a calorie dense food thread here on MFP, if you go searching for it. I think @diannethegeek has the link. Maybe she'll drop in here and add it if we ask nicely.

Ice cream is always the correct answer.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    There's a calorie dense food thread here on MFP, if you go searching for it. I think @diannethegeek has the link. Maybe she'll drop in here and add it if we ask nicely.

Here it is: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What do you normally eat?

Add some butter and cheese to that, make it a fattier cut of meat, add avocado and nuts and seeds.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I make a 1200 calorie cobb salad. For whatever reason this meal makes me feel better about dieting.
    Start with lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers, then add chicken, avocado, hard boiled eggs, olives, bacon, blue cheese crumbles, and blue cheese dressing.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You could add more fats to your diet like butter, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, peanut butter, nuts, cheese, fatty meats.

You could add more carbs to your diet like rice, pastas, and breads.

For example: instead of a few slices of bacon, hard-boiled eggs and an english muffin, you could make scrambled eggs with cheese and heavy cream, a side of avocado and a buttered bagel. That would at least double your calorie count.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If you're specifically looking for low-volume calorie dense foods...peanut butter.

Actually, my answer to "how do I get more calories" is always "peanut butter." I could easily eat 500+ calories of peanut butter without even trying.

Fat has more calories per gram than carbs or protein do. So if you're just looking for more calories in a compact package and aren't worried about macros, you can add in very calorie-dense fats, many of which @toxikon listed.
  • coleRam
    coleRam Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks everyone.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of whole milk with your meal. You can add things to your milk like carnation breakfast essential powder or blend in a banana. Look at smoothie or shake recipes.
    Use butters or oils in cooking. Choose fattier meats. Add cheese to your meals. Eat avocados, bananas, crackers, bread, potato, rice, pasta. Eat nuts. Use sauces, dressings and gravies.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Smoothies with tablespoons of peanut butter and organic cream are really calorie dense, and as liquids don't fill as much or as long ... the probiotics from full fat Greek yogurt can be great too. And so much protein!
  • fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My dinner was 1000 calories and it’s lentil soup on rice with Pumpkin seeds. Of course I do intermittent fasting so this was my only meal. 46qd7hxr66k7.jpeg
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Use your imagination. I eat a pretty varied diet and my dinner is over 1000 calories pretty much every night.

It's possible that you're being too restrictive about the foods you're eating if you have trouble putting together a 1000 calorie meal.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches! Start with a bread roll that is about 270 calories and any of these combos.

4 tbsp peanut butter, 2 tbsp jelly. eat with a glass of milk and a banana
    3 oz chicken, 3 slices of cheese, 2 tbsp mayo/ ranch/ thousand island/bleu cheese dressing, veg, glass of juice
    3 meatballs, 3 slices of cheese, spinach. eat with 1 small bag of chips and a glass of juice
    4 pieces of bacon, 1/2 avocado, lettuce, tomato, 1 tbsp mayo. eat with potato wedges and a glass of milk

• coleRam
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    If you're specifically looking for low-volume calorie dense foods...peanut butter.

Actually, my answer to "how do I get more calories" is always "peanut butter." I could easily eat 500+ calories of peanut butter without even trying.

Fat has more calories per gram than carbs or protein do. So if you're just looking for more calories in a compact package and aren't worried about macros, you can add in very calorie-dense fats, many of which @toxikon listed.
    Thank you peanut butter is huge in my diet and i eat it all the time. My issue is i get full really fast so i have a hard time consuming lots of food. I've been this way my whole life. Plus im eating a 4100 calorie diet. Which is way more then reamended but its they only way i can gain weight.

• coleRam
    Options

Here it is: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

Thank you for this
  • coleRam
    Options
    What do you normally eat?

Add some butter and cheese to that, make it a fattier cut of meat, add avocado and nuts and seeds.

I was eating pretty bad just to get the calories in that i needed. Like burgers and fires. But im looking for a better way to eat because i dont want to be working out one day and have a heart attack. So im trying to eat less fast food and more food i can cook at home. My diet isn't really restricted. I can't do a lot of milk or dairy products but other than that anything goes. Im not too worried about fat mass
  • azkabanned
    azkabanned Posts: 79 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Spaghetti carbonara is really easy to make and really calorie dense.

https://youtu.be/4ZH1r2xVSgg
    I learned to make it from this vid , super easy and restaurant quality.

The “diet” serving that I tweaked for myself is already 600 calories, without the pancetta and bacon, and really not enough pasta to satisfy an adult. It’s also really good with topped with smoked salmon.

Costco sells VERY delicious already-cooked Chicken Penne Alfredo in a large tinfoil pans. I can easily eat half the pan, it’s really goddam fatty.