2 week, bad day...hungry

Options
I had a hungry day today. Then my "if every day was like today" was up 4lbs from yesterdays. That didn't help. I couldn't exercise today and I went over my 1330 calories by 10. Could that have made that much of a difference? I look forward to seeing that number drop after I put in my calories at the end of the day. What a disappointment. PS, I'm still hungry...

Replies

• webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Meh ... 10 calories is nothing to worry about. I believe MFP is set up so that you have to be at least 1 cal. LESS than your goal to get the lovely and desirable "you're under your calories limit" message.

As to the hungry thing ... can you drink a big glass of water? Always helps me feel more full (though I've noticed that in the evenings -- a time when I used to snack A LOT -- my own "hunger pains" are usually all in my head. :)

Hang in there -- tomorrow's a bright new day!
  • Marazene
    Marazene Posts: 97
    Options
    chew gum...that helps me....Im starving...lol
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    The difference of ten calories is tiny, don't worry about today. If your projection was four pounds less yesterday, you probably under ate/over exercised. You shouldn't be netting less than 1,200 calories a day. That is probably why you had a hungry day today. (:
  • Leanne60
    Leanne60 Posts: 21
    Options
    I also use the boiled egg as a hunger stomper. Or a protein shake followed by the big glass of water. 'They' say that some of the time its dehyration makes you crave food instead of water...
  • lorriann72
    lorriann72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi

Dont be disheartened, you are doing great. I had a really bad hungry day a few days ago but i have sussed it out if i bulk out my meals with lots of fresh veg or salad which are minimal calories it helps to keep me full.

PS i had a bad day on Friday i went to an evening wedding reception and didnt have the will power to say no to a glass or 4 of wine and wedding cake which put me about 500 calories over for the day :-(

Keep up the good work :o)
  • Andrea_Reid
    Options
    Thank you all
  • hisloviee
    Options
    If you are worried about being over by 10 calories, do a couple min of jumping jacks and burn them off! :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Everything is an estimated average. The margin of error is more than 10 calories. Also, the "if every day was like today" thing is useless. All it does is take your current days deficit and multiply it out for 5 weeks. Has absolutely nothing to do with anything you've done before, or anything you will do later.