Yes, I know about water retention...

Options
yirara
yirara Posts: 9,395 Member
...still it freaked me out this morning. :* +2kg, and that's me with usually hardly any weight fluctuation.

Been on a conference from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. Nice luxury hotels 45 minutes bus drive away from home, first came back to hotel too late for workouts, then no time for workouts, then too hungover for workouts (or anything else). Still I went on a 3 hours walk involving quite a few hills on Friday, two hours of wild ceilidh dancing on Saturday, and another short walk despite the hangover yesterday. Oh yes, and I also had to do a stop week with the pill as 3 months no break was getting too long. And good food, though I did not eat senselessly. I'm more of a grazer anyway, and grazing I could not as there was nothing to graze on.

So yes, I know it will go. I expected it. Still it annoyed the *kitten* out of me. I guess we're all human despite me being a sheep. Meh.

Replies

• holliebaker90
    holliebaker90 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    To be completely honest here... have you pooped lately? Just weigh yourself again afterwards... and you'll understand what I mean... lol.
  • yirara
    Options
    Yep. I can pinpoint all my travels by just looking at my weight log *sigh* oh well.. I still get on the scale. Go to the bathroom a second time just to be sure and still know it will change nothing :#:p
  • holliebaker90
    holliebaker90 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    lol! And that probably too. Being busy all weekend means you have less time to.. well.. sit down for a while :D

I just had a weekend of being away from home, constantly on the go... and was surprised by my weight gain, and had to think back on it. So it' sfresh on my mind today lol!
  • yirara
    Options
    Yay, 1.5kg gone again. I knew it would be as I woke up a few times last night :s
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Our weight spikes up and down for a host of reasons, its good to get a handle on the whys and whens then there's no reason to fret :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Well hoping in time you get used to the spikes and there will be no need to freak out :smiley:@yirara

• yirara
    Options
    Well hoping in time you get used to the spikes and there will be no need to freak out :smiley:@yirara

Look at how old my account is :D
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Ahh 2014 is nothing, I've been here since 2012 and it took me a few years not to care about the spikes even in maintenance :smiley: so maybe by 2019 you'll feel more at ease :smiley:
  • yirara
    Options
    Ahh 2014 is nothing, I've been here since 2012 and it took me a few years not to care about the spikes even in maintenance :smiley: so maybe by 2019 you'll feel more at ease :smiley:

Hahahahaha! :D
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    the spikes I can live with .... any sudden gain is just water, it goes after a while. What I cant cope with is the dips ... ie last night I got up 4 times to go for a "pee" :blush: I hadnt drunk more than normal but today I a 1kg down. ...... now is this a fat whoosh, where I am now 1kg lighter and my body had just been holding on to water ... OR will my body re-hydrate througout the day. I experience both as I loose weight, but the build up to find out if I have lost weight and the disappointment when I havent, sucks !
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    These things are always a shock even if you know what it is you are seeing. I hate the scale.
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely up 2 pounds in water retention thanks to eating some higher sodium foods. But it's already dropping off now that I'm back to my usual eating habits.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I still stress over spikes too.. I'll wrack my brains trying to figure out where i slipped up even though i know in the back of my mind it's due to TOM or sodium etc etc
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I look at an airplane and I gain two pounds. It takes at least a week for it to go back down. Then I travel again. Lather, rinse.

I'm going to Maui for work for a week and I intend to enjoy myself, but if I come back 5 pounds heavier I will have a FIT! I really need to find a way to manage work travel better. I mean, I know what that is. Eat better. Drink less. Keep moving. I've gained and lost the same two pounds all dang month!
  • yirara
    Options
    Yeah, airline travel water is extremely sticky. It also usually takes me about a week to get rid of it. This was only a short bus trip, lots of sitting around, and probably more salty food, combined with dom. It looks like I had a woosh last night as I'm back to my old weight now. Wow, that was quick!