3 meals per day. What do you think?

Options
3 big meals for me.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    1 meals, 3 meals, 5 meals.....doesn't matter. Whatever helps you stick to your calorie goal.

My typical "non dieting" eating pattern was 3 meals and snacks (whenever). The snacks "whenever" had to change for maintenance. Now I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with any WoE as long as you get all the calories and nutrients you need.

I'm more of a fan of 5-6 meals because I get hungry in between which effects my motivation. But everyone has their own way that works. It's all about sustainability and lifestyle, right?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    4 a day for me, 8am, noon, 4pm, and 8-9 pm. Light snack before bed at 12 pm.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Okay. Same here, I like the traditional (in my family and culture) 3 meals format.

Doesn't matter other than to the extent choosing what makes it easier for you matters.
  • Jayco141
    Jayco141 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have an issue with eating in the morning, my appetite doesn't get going till closer to 10am. So I basically eat lunch early (Around 11:30) then have a snack around 3(Nuts usually), then a decent sized dinner.

But like others say, to each their own!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I went from not eating until afternoon and then grazing until bedtime, to 5-6 meals, to 4, to 3. All have their pros and cons. I've been duped into thinking meal timing matters a lot - luckily I have never doubted that calories trumps everything.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    What do we think about what? Isn't this what people do for the most part?

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    3 meals and one or 2 snacks for me usually.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I think we need a more complete thought/question from you.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    For what? When I'm gaining it's 4-5 meals for me (two super large, the rest small) and lots of snacks in between. When I'm losing it's usually 3 meals and 3 snacks.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I prefer 1 + snacks, but I suspect most people stick to a traditional 3 meals a day + maybe a snack or two.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    3 at the weekend and 1 or 2 during the week .. with snacks if I need the energy
  • mirpierce536
    mirpierce536 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tend to basically eat like a Hobbit- with six or seven "meals" per day. But so many of those are just a handful of nuts or some stir-fried veggies that it ends up keeping me full all day without going over. If I make myself wait until proper meal times I tend to overeat when I finally get around to eating. Sometimes I have one big meals, but then I adjust the amount of little meals accordingly.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    When losing I generally go for two larger meals and a couple of snacks. Maintaining and it's more like 3 and a couple of snacks.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Seven meals here.
    • Breakfast - 7am.
    • Second breakfast - 9 am.
    • Elevenses - 11 am.
    • Lunch - 1 pm.
    • Afternoon tea - 3pm.
    • Dinner - 6 pm.
    • Supper - 9 pm.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I think the question completely lacks context.