Warrior Dash anyone?

Options
Was thinking about doing the warrior dash race with a group of my moms friends and my mom. Has anyone participated in one?

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I have friends that have, but I haven't personally. Looks like FUN, though!
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It looks like a blast!!! I am just worried about my knee, and the PRICE my gosh its 50$
  • smonderful
    Options
    I did it last year with my sister and a friend. We had a blast. I was freaked out by the web site and all but it was not bad at all. It is definitely challenging but you can do it at your own pace and whatever you are comfortable with. There were some outrageous costumes, great music and good beer! The worst part was them spraying the mud off of you with a fire hose with freezing water!
  • smonderful
    Options
    Last year groupon offered a half off coupon that i got. Don't know if they will do it again, but it would be worth waiting for!
  • ashleymariec89
    Options
    how close to the date of the race did they have the coupon?
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    It's a fun event and not nearly as intimidating as it may appear! Everyone I know who did it had a blast.
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and it was awesome! So much fun and makes for great pictures too. I definitely recommend it...you can walk what you want and focus on the obstacles...just have fun!
  • ashleymariec89
    Options
    I kinda have a bum knee, but I am willing to try the stuff, I know you have said that the site looks intimidating, which it does to me, but do you think I'll have a problem?
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've done the Warrior Dash specifically and some other similar regional races (4 Mile Mad Mud Run and a 6 mile muddy somethign or another) - and they are a lot of fun. As well, you can definitely skip obstacles you are unable to do (you won't be able to win the event that way but you won't injure yourself!) and you can also walk and ask for help from other competitors. I've been butt-boosted over many an obstacle (I'm short and have issues with walls sometimes because my vertical jump is not so good) - not just by my husband but by other folks who are just trying to help out.
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and it was fun! Try and do it with a friend..my friend backed out at the last minute but I think i would have had even more fun if she was with me through it all.
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and it was fun! Try and do it with a friend..my friend backed out at the last minute but I think i would have had even more fun if she was with me through it all.
  • judimccarter
    Options
    Our family did it together; I was 58 years old. You can walk the entire course if you want to. The obstacles aren't that difficult. Just have fun. It's a great experience.