Don't drink your protein....eat it

Options
Put 2 scoops of protein powder, 1 banana and a tiny amount of baking powder in a Tupperware container mix with water and microwave it for 2 mintures. It comes out like a cake

Replies

• regina_demcuka
    regina_demcuka Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good choise of dessert!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking you don't just throw the powder over a whole banana...?! :laugh:
  • colingrace08
    colingrace08 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking you don't just throw the powder over a whole banana...?! :laugh:

Depends if you like that type of thing. I'm saying water for less calories as opposed to milk if you're trying to loose weight
  • GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Eww that sounds nasty bananas and powder :s
  • vm007
    vm007 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Rayman79 wrote: »
    vm007 wrote: »
    Wait! you are suppose to use water? I thought we were suppose to eat it out straight outta the box as dry as it comes...like real men? for Instant gains?

pfft, that's so beta. Everyone knows you get better gainz by snorting it. Preferably a mix of WPI and PWO for maximum alpha-ness! :lol:

Makes so much sense. Should I use $100 bill for max gain retention? or just use a straw ? or put my face in the protein tub and breathe it in like Vikings did before going on a battle?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Rayman79 wrote: »
    Wait! you are suppose to use water? I thought we were suppose to eat it out straight outta the box as dry as it comes...like real men? for Instant gains?

pfft, that's so beta. Everyone knows you get better gainz by snorting it. Preferably a mix of WPI and PWO for maximum alpha-ness! :lol:

Makes so much sense. Should I use $100 bill for max gain retention? or just use a straw ? or put my face in the protein tub and breathe it in like Vikings did before going on a battle?

Just go full-on Scarface.

svuiosub2cfo.gif
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

cinnamon challenge protein edition
    200_s.gif
  • mirpierce536
    mirpierce536 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok, but... This is the best thing I've ever heard.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I can't afford banana calories. I'll drink mine.
  • wenrob
    wenrob Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Say, 120 calories for the banana, 100-150 per scoop of protein powder (depending on your brand/type), you’re pretty close to the calories for a modest slice of cake with frosting. It’s the calories that count for weight loss not the ingredients. For 300-400 calories I’m going to choose the cake. (actually I’d probably choose ice cream, not much of a cake person)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    wenrob wrote: »
    Say, 120 calories for the banana, 100-150 per scoop of protein powder (depending on your brand/type), you’re pretty close to the calories for a modest slice of cake with frosting. It’s the calories that count for weight loss not the ingredients. For 300-400 calories I’m going to choose the cake. (actually I’d probably choose ice cream, not much of a cake person)

That's potentially taking the CICO concept too far though.

Assuming someone is trying to maintain a decent level of protein this is a useful recipe suggestion, there are at least some macro and micronutrients in the protein and banana - whilst almost none in a standard piece of cake. Yes the calories might be more-or-less equal (save for the increased TEF), but from a satiety and overall health point of view these are worlds apart.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

True, but it's not all about the calories. These tips are usually ways for people to stay within their calorie goal, hit their macros, and satisfy a craving.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

I need to hit a protein goal. Cake is good but in a deficit it's probably not happening very often when I need to get my protein in. For the bod and the training, ya know.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Put 2 scoops of protein powder, 1 banana and a tiny amount of baking powder in a Tupperware container mix with water and microwave it for 2 mintures. It comes out like a cake

No two proteins are made the same. My brand is very grainy. Not sure it would turn out overly well
  • cosmicglitterkitten
    Options
    I was under the impression I was supposed to avoid letting my whey get hot due to the nutritional integrity of the powder being compromised or whatever (yes, I realize that may sound upsurd). But that is why I use frozen berries to cool my oatmeal before adding whey. Am I losing it?

I was thinking that too. But isn't protein powder processed using heat? Idk....
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Got a recipe for chicken frosting to go with it?