Night Shift Workers

Options
Hey there I'd Love to be friends with others who work through the night to share tips and tricks with eating healthy through the night. So add me :-)

Replies

• Michellekennedy84
    Michellekennedy84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im the same.working night shifts and struggling as i need to snack to keep me awake
  • RRome0203
    RRome0203 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Night shift worker here with baby. Trying to control my calorie count post par tum
  • Clarissa271mfp
    Clarissa271mfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Night shift is hard to get right.... Im either really hungry or not at all. Only have 1 meal a day normally my tea but I sometimes need a snack and if I pack a snack I dont want that I want something else grrrr
  • porcelanmermaid
    porcelanmermaid Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I work nights usually until midnight/2am. I work in a bar so it's impossible to not get hungry at work but there is literally nothing on our menu that is healthy. I struggle so hard.
  • jamrow35
    jamrow35 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I work 5pm to 5am....now that's a hard shift for keeping a diet.
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I work midnight to 830am. for me meal prep is the biggest help and having healthy snacks near by
  • Clarissa271mfp
    Clarissa271mfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I work 6pm till 8am....what do you guys eat through the night or what times do you have your meals?
  • acbgetsfit
    acbgetsfit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work from 10p-7a, it’s hard to find a healthy snack/meal. I do pediatric home care so I don’t have access to a microwave or anything to heat food. What does everyone else do?
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Options
    I used to work night shift as a nurse, 12 hours. All due respect to ya! It's super hard to be healthy and not gain weight on nights. One thing that seemed to help me was eating small portions every 2-3 hours like celery, carrots, raw nuts, cheese stick, popcorn. Stay away from fried or fast foods. Oh and drink water!
  • janelleginnetto
    janelleginnetto Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I work 8pm to 6(ish)am 5-6 days a week I actually feel like Saturdays and Sundays are harder to control my calories than during the week since I just prep what I bring to work and that is it. So I don't have any urges outside that.
  • janelleginnetto
    janelleginnetto Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I work 6pm till 8am....what do you guys eat through the night or what times do you have your meals?

I have adjusted my diary so that I have time frames instead of the meals that are preset. Especially since I would never know what to set it as.

If you can handle it, eat supper before work and take some healthy snacks that equal around 300-400 calories total (depending on your set caloric goal) and than eat breakfast after work. I've noticed that if I try and eat large meals at work, I over indulge