100 pound weight loss goal

I'm morbidly obese at 22 and I'm determined to lose 100 pounds this year. Highest weight is 278. I'm excited and ready to do this.

Replies

• dembkogirl
    dembkogirl Posts: 361 Member
    Same starting weight as you, but 10 years older! You can do this, what is your plan! My goal is to be 165, so about 115 pound loss, and I'm upping the exercise and doing a low carb low sugar but not keto.
  • Just wanted to say good luck! I have a great deal of weight to lose, too. Let's do this.
  • tessonline
    tessonline Posts: 1 Member
    I’m 24 and just 1lb heavier than you, so I’m really glad to not be alone! I’m trying to start using the Community feature so I can really immerse myself into the world of weight loss. If you (or anyone) wants to talk, please feel free to reach out to me. I could really use (and give) the support!
  • kmomma63
    kmomma63 Posts: 2 Member
    Good luck and keep at it I am 54 and in the same spot, I watch what I eat and exercise 6 days a week.
  • pinkyskid
    pinkyskid Posts: 2 Member
    Good Luck! I think the community help is awesome. As we all have a weight loss goal, I need to immerse myself in this.
  • beth4101
    beth4101 Posts: 5 Member
    You can do it! I’m shooting for 50lbs. Let kick our goals *kitten*!
  • Jbearbarnes
    Jbearbarnes Posts: 34 Member
    mojicval wrote: »
    I'm morbidly obese at 22 and I'm determined to lose 100 pounds this year. Highest weight is 278. I'm excited and ready to do this.

I've been on MFP off and on for years, but at the urging of our Dr hubs and I started fully on Keto last week. I researched Keto and began reducing carbs gradually before that. I've lost 12 lbs since 1/15.

My highest weight was 320. Goal 150ish. I'm now at 279!!! I am hopeful Keto will be what I need to get my weight under control for good. Our Dr had us watch YouTube videos by Dr Eric Berg. I chose Dietdoctor.com to help with meals, shopping, and getting started on this.

My hubs wasn't on board with Keto until after eating a few of the terrific Dietdoctor.com recipes and then watching Dr Berg videos that explain the science of all this.

I welcome you to add me for support and menu ideas!
  • Elle_Marie_Fit
    Elle_Marie_Fit Posts: 138 Member
    You can do this! :)<3
  • AndreaRM0917
    AndreaRM0917 Posts: 26 Member
    I originally had the same goal. Although, I have about 64lbs left to go. Low-carb and less portions is how I am doing it.
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

im trying to lose 200 lbs this here is a very supportive group with plenty of people trying to lose a lot of weight and keep it off. please come join us and add me
  • carrotsaregood
    carrotsaregood Posts: 57 Member
    140+lb goal. I was active a few years ago and dropped 70lbs, got sick, then complacent. Now I’m back and focused. Trying to verbalize the goals and commitment. Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • cswain91
    cswain91 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m 395lbs and want to drop to 285lbs, when I started 3 weeks ago I was 415lbs, the first 15 are always easy... now it’s time for the real work!
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    I need to lose at lease 200 pounds , I am 52 , bad knee , spine has arthritis in it , at my neck c5 and c6 need to have work done on it , Doctors won't till I lose weight . My Blood sugar was 245 or higher everyday . Since my birthday Jan 16th , I have been doing the keto diet . MY blood sugars are down to 99- 141 . I am logging my food everyday on here and wow This is such a help . it took me 52 years to gain this much , will take some hard work and time to lose it . Good Luck and we are all in this together !!!!