Anyone on here cosplay?

Options

Replies

• evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't cosplay, but I want to! Once I'm done losing and toning that is!
    who do you have in mind? :D
    Seras Victoria from Hellsing. I want to get my bf to engineer me her sweet *kitten* sniper rifle! That, or my Mage from WoW in full tier. Which tier? I haven't decided yet! xP
  • AnathemaRose
    Options
    I do~!
    Or, well, did.
    Then I moved and gained weight like woah and can't fit into any of my cosplays which are sitting in my closet as if saying "D: Lose weight and wear me again."

I don't have any pictures on this computer and I can't get mine right now buttttt...

I've cosplayed Matt from Death Note (with longer hair cause I never bought a wig), Nana O. from NANA, C.C from Code Geass and Female!Kaito (Vocaloid).

If I can find some pictures, I might have one for theMatt. . .

o: By the way, you all have amazing cosplays.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    sailormoonav.jpg

just in case you couldn't tell :-P

sailormoon.jpg
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My goal is to look like a manga character.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to cosplay, but refuse to until I am much, much thinner.
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    sailormoonav.jpg

just in case you couldn't tell :-P

sailormoon.jpg
    OMG, the illusion is complete! xP
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I haven't done cosplay yet, but I have friends who do, and I see it at the local sci-fi/fantasy/etc convention every year. It looks like fun! Maybe when I'm not spending so much time in school I can actually work on a costume.
  • Mirelmture
    Options
    I have cosplayed in the past.

Original Persocom - Chobits
    Saruka Platinum Dress- Card Captor Sakura
    Hinata - Naruto
    Sakura School Uniform - Card Captor Sakura
    Chii - Chobits

At first it was my sewing ability that made me not want to continue. My costumes were how should I say...frumpy. Now I think I'd feel self-conscious of my figure too. I don't know if I'll ever have time to sew very nice costumes, I have so many art projects all the time already. But if I ever find the time, I'd enjoy giving it another go.
  • VampireKame
    Options
    I love cosplaying xD. So far my cosplays have been:

Sora- Kingdom Hearts II
    Tamaki- Ouran High School Host Club
    Honey- Ouran High School Host Clube
    Ikuto (Death Rebel)- Shugo Chara
    Pikachu- Pokemon
    Marth- Fire Emblem/ SSB Brawl

And in the future I plan to cosplay:

Jin- Tekken 5
    Ryu- Street Fighter
    an X-Men character (not sure which one yet xD.
    Kaname Kuran- Vampire Knight
    Yuki- Fruits Basket

My list will just continue growing xD
  • Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't cosplay, but I love people who do, does that count? XD I guess I'm a bit too shy and I prefer watching other people dress up (like a creep) which doesn't mean that I love my mangas and animes any less ;)
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    I want to cosplay as

Lili - Tekken
    Gareki - Karneval
    Konata Izumi - Lucky Star
    Miku Hatsune of Vocaloid

:)
  • Maria_Cutie
    Maria_Cutie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love costumes in general, so I would love to go to DragonCon (we live in Metro ATL after all) in costume. I'm more into sci-fi than anime. I've considered dressing up as Kaylee Fry or maybe Inara (from Firefly) a hobbit or Eowyn from LotR, or maybe Princess Leia. I'd love to make a copy of one of the on screen costumes.

I've been to several RenFests and Highland Fests in non-historically accurate costumes. I'd love to make some real garb.

I'm fascinated by historically accurate garb. It combines my love of sewing and history. It's on my bucket list to make a real historically accurate outfit for myself. Everything;chemise, corset, petticoats, skirt and bodice.

Something like this lady has done.
    http://www.koshka-the-cat.com/costumes.html

Couple of pics from a Highland games some friends and I dressed up for. I'm in the red skirt with the baby in green.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=996454&l=0e0d45d713&id=663264651
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=996452&l=60d97cd153&id=663264651

/geek out

If you manage to get to AWA this year... IM GOING! :DDD
  • Maria_Cutie
    Options
    I'm amazed at the epicness the thread got! Way to go all you cosplayers :) haha, sailor bubba.
  • xarra
    xarra Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't cosplay, but I do LARP - Live Action Roleplay. :)

It's dressing up, with foam & latex weapons & combat. :)
  • Maria_Cutie
    Options

Yep! I know a few people that LARP! haha, it looks fun, but I really dont wanna get hurt so I dont do it XP
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i cosplayed once when i was 13, i was Rei Ayanami but looked awful xD ahhh good times, good times haha.

i would like to costly sometime in the future (maybe next year) as Taiga from ToraDora. :D

OH! And thanks for sharing your pics...wow, i love your lenses and you can def tell you have lost weight from the first pic you posted :D
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

My college has a LARP club! They're out in the woods every Saturday morning. :) I used to work in the cafeteria and would love when they came to dinner in costume.
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I used to cosplay. Now I dress up as hyena and run around (I made both of those costumes, that was me 15 lbs heavier than I am now):

cuteyenas.jpg
  • Alumlniaa
    Options
    I cosplayed as Rukia Kuchiki at a convention last year.... the day after the convention I decided I needed to lose weight for next years convention.

So next years cosplay plans:
    Haseo, from .hack//roots
    Shino, from .hack//roots
  • shunsoku
    Options
    Bumping, because epic thread is epic :P

I do! *waves hand* Honestly, my desire to cosplay more effectively is totally one of my key motivations for losing weight >.<

I've cosplayed from Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn, Sailor Moon, Sucker Punch, Bleach, Angel Beats!, and Code Geass. With like...6 costumes in the works~