Do the diaries always say 5 weeks?

Options
Hey everyone,

You know when you click "complete entry for today," and it tells you "if everyday were like today, you will weigh 120lbs in 5 weeks?" Does that "5 weeks" change to "4 weeks" and "3 weeks" and so on? Or does it always say 5 weeks?

Replies

• lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    Always says five.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It's a useless little thing. All it does is project your current day's deficit out for 5 weeks. It doesn't take into account previous days, and it isn't a running total of any other days. It really means nothing.
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Most people on here seem to hate it but personally it's one ofmy favourite features of MFP.
    Basically it is saying if you ate and exercised identical to today for 5 weeks you will be whatever weight :)
    It's a handy tool because it gives you an idea how well you went for the day. It's better to find out now than in 5 weeks! Also I use it to help me determine my short term goals. If it's suggesting I can only lose 2kg in 5 weeks then expecting to be 10kg lighter in 5 weeks is crazy.
  • leopardvice
    Options
    mine always says 5 but 5 weeks ago it said i should weigh a lot less than i do... and im pretty consistent. id say its bs!!!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i have occasionally checked back my 5 weeks, and it was right on..but yeah, it always stays 5 weeks..i think its a little odd..why 5, but oh well..best of luck
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Givinya
    Givinya Posts: 9
    Options
    I love it - if I stay consistent in my diet and exercise, its projections are pretty spot on for me. And often when I'm beating myself up because of a 'blowout' or a bad day, it shows that really, I've only blown out to maintenance calories, and shouldn't be so stressed.

One day when I was two or three weeks into my MFP journey, I did a mock-up of what an average day's eating used to look like - and it said that in 5 weeks, I'd be back to my starting weight! That helped me realise that I'm doing the right thing counting calories, and also it showed that I can lose weight quicker than I'd put it back on. These little factoids are encouraging, and knowing what I know about stats, I never take it quantitatively, always remember to use the numbers qualitatively only.