Newbie questions!

Options
Hi. I’m new to this ap. I’m a lifetime Weight Watcher member but it’s just not working for me anymore so I thought I’d try this! I’m having trouble adding food! Where do I go for a tutorial? I just started fitness pal and l was trying to add food this morning but not sure how. It just goes to recent, of which i have none or create a food where I have to put in all the info about the food . Do I have to pay for the premium to be able to chose from a food list? Help me out my new friends!!! I’m super excited to get started!

Replies

• katlyngronwoldt85
    katlyngronwoldt85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No you don't have to pay for premium for the data base. Just click on Food at the top of the page and it will take you to your diary. There you can click on the "add food" under the meal you are listing and it will take you to the data base. Then you have to type in what you are adding and choose the correct item. It's very helpful if you know the brand of food and the weight or amount you are eating. I weigh and measure everything. Stay at or under your daily goals and make healthy choices and you should be on your way! I started a 21 days ago and am already down 9 lbs.!!!! You got this!
  • FranchiseFinder
    FranchiseFinder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie as well. I have a few questions:
    1) I know how to add food and meals, what I can't figure out is how to DELETE food or meals that I entered twice or incorrectly. HELP.
    2) I also don't see where I enter my weight from time to time. When I set it up it asked my weight and my goal.
    3) What is the Complete Diary button at the bottom - afraid to hit it as I might end something. LOL
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,064 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m new to this ap. I’m a lifetime Weight Watcher member but it’s just not working for me anymore so I thought I’d try this! I’m having trouble adding food! Where do I go for a tutorial? I just started fitness pal and l was trying to add food this morning but not sure how. It just goes to recent, of which i have none or create a food where I have to put in all the info about the food . Do I have to pay for the premium to be able to chose from a food list? Help me out my new friends!!! I’m super excited to get started!
    Type in the searchbox where it says Search for a Food or use the barcode scanner by tapping on the barcode icon next to that
    qer3b0vvmjdz.png
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,064 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm a newbie as well. I have a few questions:
    1) I know how to add food and meals, what I can't figure out is how to DELETE food or meals that I entered twice or incorrectly. HELP.
    2) I also don't see where I enter my weight from time to time. When I set it up it asked my weight and my goal.
    3) What is the Complete Diary button at the bottom - afraid to hit it as I might end something. LOL

@FranchiseFinder

1) Long tap on the food or meal and then you will get an option to delete or move
    2) To enter your weight tap on the + in the bottom corner and then you will get an option to add status/water/food/exercise/weight or got to the side menu, choose progress and the + in the right hand top corner.
    3) Complete diary just gives you a bit of a random prediction for weight loss if you ate exactly the same way as that day for the following 5 weeks, which is pretty unlikely. It also posts that you have completed your diary to your newsfeed unless you have that turned off in your privacy settings.
  • mprokott955
    mprokott955 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Day 1 was a success! I’ve got this!