edited September 19 in Recipes
2 c. water
1 TB honey
1 tsp salt
2 TB Instant Yeast
2 TB Olive Oil
2 c Multigrain flour
3 c Whole wheat flour

I use this recipe for 2 loaves of bread. Each loaf is cut into 14 slices for a serving size.

I serving (slice)= Calories 49

Fat 0.1g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 84mg
Carbohydrates 10.2g
Protein 1.4g

I also use the dough for pizza crust (flatten, bake for 10 mins then add toppings) and dinner rolls.

Replies

• wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    2 c. water
    1 TB honey
    1 tsp salt
    2 TB Instant Yeast
    2 TB Olive Oil
    2 c Multigrain flour
    3 c Whole wheat flour

I use this recipe for 2 loaves of bread. Each loaf is cut into 14 slices for a serving size.

I serving (slice)= Calories 49

Fat 0.1g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 84mg
    Carbohydrates 10.2g
    Protein 1.4g

I also use the dough for pizza crust (flatten, bake for 10 mins then add toppings) and dinner rolls.
  • thanks sound yummy may have to try this weekend
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Sweet! Thank you, sounds wonderful! :flowerforyou:
  • sounds yummy, thank you :flowerforyou:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    How long do you bake it and what temp?
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    I make a recipe similar to this, with all whole wheat. The addition of the whole grain sounds yummy though. My 15 month old INHALES this bread...homemade bread is one of those things once you start making it, you wonder why you haven't always been . So good and so economical...thanks for the recipe! Have to try that whole grain flour in the mix!
  • mimielle
    mimielle Posts: 44 Member
    do you have to kneed the dough or let it rise before cooking? how long do you bake it for? I'd like to try this recipe. thanks
  • Yes, sorry .. you do need to knead it.
    I'm in the 'bread" habit so forgot to mention it.

I make mine in a kitchen aid stand mixer with a dough hook.
    Start with 2c. hot tap water, then add all the rest .. reserving 1 c of the flour.
    Mix ... or mix in a bowl by hand.

I slowly add the last cup of flour until the dough forms a ball, moving away from the sides of the bowl. this is where hand kneaders can turn it out on a floured board and start kneading. I find hand kneading is easier on a lower surface, like the kitchen table. For mixer users, let the ball knead for 10 minutes on low.

Put the dough ball in a bowl wiped with oil, cover with a towel and it will rise for 45 mins. Form dough into 2 loaves and put in oiled bread pans. Let rise 30-45 minutes.

Bake at 350 for 35 minutes ... yummy.

To keep my bread ultra fresh, I slice it when cool and then freeze in a large ziploc bags. Slices are easy to break off and pop in the toaster, or to make sandwiches that stay cold in my lunch box until lunch :smile:
  • The bread is enter in the food dairy under Lyn's Bread ...
    NOT Lynn's bread which was entered incorrectly at 490 per slice !!

Opps ...I forgot to logout my HUSBAND !!! .... KarateDave ... it's really wannaBme talking :ohwell:
This discussion has been closed.