Girl's in their 20's!

Options
2»

Replies

• GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm 24 with my birthday coming up next month. I'm 5'8" and have 7 more lbs to go before I'm at my goal weight of 128 lbs. After that I want to recomp (: I'm a vegetarian, though I'm a bit of a lazy logger and will use the calories on the recipe box instead of changing it all to fit the calories of the meat replacement. I'm also Dutch, so there will be foods in my diary in my own language. I'm 1 lb away from having lost 25 pounds.

I'd love to have more supportive friends with similar stats!
  • mojicval
    mojicval Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 22 in a couple weeks!
    I'm on any extreme weight loss journey.
    Trying to lose over 100 pounds this year is my goal.
  • RoseAllisonx
    RoseAllisonx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’m 23 and also looking for more supportive friends! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • takemetosingapore19
    Options
    I’m 19. Can I still join
  • whatadaaaycbell
    whatadaaaycbell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    22!! Would love if I had more support from women my age
  • beth4101
    beth4101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m 27 , 5’2 and weigh 173. This is the heaviest I’ve been in years and I’m so depressed about it. I’ve always struggled with my weight, hypothyroidism doesn’t help with it either. In college I was able to get down to 132 which I was thrilled of course. My goal is to reach that weight once more but I struggle with emotional eating. I could definitely use the motivation and would return it of course. Feel free to add if you’d like :)
  • Breezer628
    Breezer628 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Snack size food is a great idea. It’s probably worth it to spend a little extra if it’ll help me avoid over eating occasionally ha. I appreciate it!
    whosshe wrote: »
    Breezer628 wrote: »
    Does anyone have tips for curbing cravings before/ during your period/pms? I have been doing a new workout program and eating really well these past couple weeks... really noticing some changes and feeling great.... and then these last 2 days I feel like I’m eating anything I can get my hands on

If you're eating at a deficit just take a couple of maintenance days. Plan the day, log your food before you eat it and the thing that really saves me around this time is buying "snack size" things so I don't eat more than my calories allow. Sh it happens. Sometimes not gaining any weight is just as good as losing.

• MattsGirl90
    MattsGirl90 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I’m 27 active everyday add me please girls xx
  • mamabear1114
    mamabear1114 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Holla! I’m 23. :)
  • katiepaulag
    katiepaulag Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :) Name's Katie, I'm 21, weighing in at about 188lbs (it's more fun to say it when you say it like you're a pro boxer or wrestler!!!). I've been on and off the weight loss train, but I've been going to the gym now for over six months and I'm truly ready to get a few pounds off! My upcoming convocation isn't even my biggest motivation for weight loss - I just bought tickets to see the Dave Matthews Band and I want to feel so good for that concert that I can dance all night long <3 Feel free to add me, it's so much better with friends!!
  • katiepaulag
    katiepaulag Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have tips for curbing cravings before/ during your period/pms? I have been doing a new workout program and eating really well these past couple weeks... really noticing some changes and feeling great.... and then these last 2 days I feel like I’m eating anything I can get my hands on

(Sorry for the double post)

Have you tried having more protein during your meals? I find I'm hungriest the days I eat more carbs as opposed to fat/protein (I try to eat 40% carbs, 30% fat & protein each). Honestly, I am most successful in losing weight when I *DON'T* put junk off-limits. Obviously I don't eat it everyday, but if you really need that bit of chocolate during that time of the month, I always suggest a square or two of great quality dark chocolate along with a cup of coffee :) The bitterness of the coffee (I don't add sugar, just cream) makes the chocolate taste sweeter (I prefer a 70-80% cacao chocolate).
  • ValentinaPettorutiFerrero
    Options

I definitely need more girls to follow and speak to on here! ♥️ anyone feel free to add me if you can. I can’t seem to add anyone for some reason.
  • LucyAzahara
    LucyAzahara Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me please :)
  • Breezer628
    Breezer628 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

(Sorry for the double post)

Have you tried having more protein during your meals? I find I'm hungriest the days I eat more carbs as opposed to fat/protein (I try to eat 40% carbs, 30% fat & protein each). Honestly, I am most successful in losing weight when I *DON'T* put junk off-limits. Obviously I don't eat it everyday, but if you really need that bit of chocolate during that time of the month, I always suggest a square or two of great quality dark chocolate along with a cup of coffee :) The bitterness of the coffee (I don't add sugar, just cream) makes the chocolate taste sweeter (I prefer a 70-80% cacao chocolate).

I LOVEEEE dark chocolate! I honestly had not paid attention to my carb to protein ratio on those bad days but what I ended up eating was a ton of carbs and it was never satisfying enough. I’ll definitely go for more protein snacks and see if that makes a difference. I swear I’m going through the longest PMS I’ve ever had hahaha. I really appreciate the advice!!!
  • cassandren
    cassandren Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would love more people my age for motivation around here, too! Feel free to add me! :)
  • RulaAsaad
    RulaAsaad Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Tia98Jade wrote: »
    Hey ladies!
    I'm looking for girls around my age to share our journeys. I want to know your stuggles, your successes, your tips and inspiration.
    I post regularly and give support and motivation to all my MFPals. If you post or comment regularly - please add me!

Hey! I'm 23 years old, 155cm (5'1" or something) currently weighing 53kg (116.8lbs), highest weight was 59 (130lbs!). My small goal is to get down to 50kg and my ultimate is to be happy with my body and healthy :) I'm trying to train for a 5k but it's harder than I thought, and I try to do 3 times a week strength exercise (help get rid of extra skin after weight loss). I've been very serious about fitness since around 4 months ago (so not much), and I'm loving it!
    My struggles are- time management when it comes to training and meal planning. I'm also still kinda lost in the whole world of health and fitness, but I might start nutrition class online in March :) I go through lots of ups and downs and that is THE struggle for me. 7-10 days out of the month I can barely move, I don't want to do anything and I'm just overeating.
    Love to have you any of you guys as MFP friends :D
    WE CAN DO THIS!! <3
  • mariahmdp
    mariahmdp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 26 years old and 5'6. I've put on about 85 pounds since 2015. I was pretty happy with my weight before then so I would like to lose the 85 pounds I put on and then see how I feel after that. I've been saying I'm going to lose this weight for a while now but it is time actually do it. I need all the support I can get lol.
  • MrsMary23
    MrsMary23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 27 and last year I lost 60lbs but recently have gained 13lbs back. I am looking to lose that 13lbs and even more! I once ran for fun and I want to get back to that lifestyle. Please feel free to add me, I'm new to actively trying to lose weight and could use some support to stay strong. I am 5'8" and was 210lbs, then down to 150lbs and now currently at 163lbs. Thank you!