Apple Watch

Options
Hi I have just replaced my Fitbit with an Apple Watch and I can’t seem to find the app that connects my watch to MFP. Is there a knack or can’t it be done?
Thanks Laura

Replies

• okborednow
    okborednow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's the health app and you need to go into it and pick sources. You can then control what MFP has access to.
  • Breezer628
    Breezer628 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    okborednow wrote: »
    It's the health app and you need to go into it and pick sources. You can then control what MFP has access to.

I can’t get mine to work either. It’ll count my steps but not my workout activity
  • Cyclone2011
    Cyclone2011 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Go into the Health App (it's a separate app from Activity), click sources and it will give you a list of apps you can sync too. Click MFP and "Turn all categories on"

Another thing I learned is that with the Apple Watch don't try to rename your workouts when you're finished or it won't sync. I always do my workouts under the "other" category and just leave it at that so it will sync.
  • suddenblue
    suddenblue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have all my categories “switched on” in the health app, but MFP isn’t picking anything up - not even my steps. Does anyone know why this might be, or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
  • neilfromtoronto
    neilfromtoronto Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    suddenblue wrote: »
    I have all my categories “switched on” in the health app, but MFP isn’t picking anything up - not even my steps. Does anyone know why this might be, or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Check each category to make sure that your Apple Watch is listed first under the "Data Sources". This ensures that your Apple Watch data takes priority over your iPhone which may not be tracking your steps and or floors.

To change the order, hit the "edit" button in the top right hand corner and move the Apple Watch to the top of the list as seen below. (Apple Watch has to be listed above the iPhone)

a63nmdakl0kn.jpg
  • suddenblue
    suddenblue Posts: 3 Member
    Options

JerSchmare wrote: »
    suddenblue wrote: »

You also have to enable the health app in MFP. Go to the apps page in MFP and connect it.

My MFP doesn’t give me an option to connect to the health app, even though I have everything correct in the health app in terms of allowing MFP to read the data. jm65rh94lx7g.jpeg
  • LzzyBrdn
    LzzyBrdn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have insight as to why I can add friends who also have watches? I know it isn't as much of a community as mfp or fitbit but I'd love to "challenge" friends.
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Breezer628 wrote: »
    okborednow wrote: »

I can’t get mine to work either. It’ll count my steps but not my workout activity

You need to go into the workout app on your watch and start one from there. It won’t automatically pick it up like Fitbit did