What your calorie burning plan today

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
My last 3 days of working out at the gym again have been great but man am I sore...

my butt hurts from that dag on bike seat. ( wont ever do the bike again it just doesnt burn enough calories)

Whats your gym plan today?

I am hitting the gym after work and plan on burning 600-700 calories I have to work my legs tonight (i didn't last night) so tonight is all about cardio and legs..

Whats yours? Do you try to burn a certain amount of calories when you workout

Replies

• mrsyac2
    Options
    My last 3 days of working out at the gym again have been great but man am I sore...

my butt hurts from that dag on bike seat. ( wont ever do the bike again it just doesnt burn enough calories)

I am hitting the gym after work and plan on burning 600-700 calories I have to work my legs tonight (i didn't last night) so tonight is all about cardio and legs..

• rsmclaurin
    Options
    I don't really try to burn a certain limit... its anywhere from 300's-700's depending on the day. Some days are heavier than others.

This morning I did 45 minutes of Step Aerobics, along will a few laps around the track (When I logged that into MFP it was about 425 cals). I plan on doing some walking today as well for 20-30 minutes which MFP estimates as about 80-100 cals (its supposed to be in the 50's today yay!!! :wink: ).

I put any workouts that I have planned in the night before so I know approximately how many calories I will burn for the next day so I can then plan my meals. Then after the workout (if I use a machine) I go back and change the numbers to the ones that are on the machine, to be more accurate.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I swam for an hour today. This site says that it's about 700 calories! :smile: I usually go workout tonight, but our university is playing our rivals! it's a must go to game!
  • Bug263
    Bug263 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

i'm doing the treadmill for an hour (500 + cal) and some weight training, but when you put your workout info in for the day is it ok that you go over your daily goal burn calories because it shows weekly too?
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have to squeeze in what I can squeeze in at the gym. I have yet to go and burn anywhere near 700 calories. I am just not quite sure how people do it. My plan today is to try to get to the gym between work and picking the kiddos up from school for some cardio and strength training. I get off at 2:30, they get out at 3:00, though they are never outside right at three, so that gives me a few extra minutes. Then, hoping to pick them up and head back to the Y for some swimming. We won't have a great amount of time, but something is better than nothing.
  • Connie77
    Options
    My calorie burning plan is walking a mile during lunch at a leisurely pace.....and After work 45 mins to an hour on the ellipitical machine, and some strength training.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get 20 miles in on the bike! (hopefully the gym won't be hot like it was the other night!)
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I'm going for a 22 mile bike ride! Longest one since before Christmas for me. :ohwell:
  • mrsyac2
    Options

i'm doing the treadmill for an hour (500 + cal) and some weight training, but when you put your workout info in for the day is it ok that you go over your daily goal burn calories because it shows weekly too?

I go over my reccomended caloried burning goal every single day. More calories I burn is closer to burning 3500 or more calories in a week in my opinion, It takes 3500 calories to lose a lbs so any extra I burn is just more weight loss
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    I ran for an hour on the treadmill this morning and will be going to the gym at lunch for some more cardio.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I have to squeeze in what I can squeeze in at the gym. I have yet to go and burn anywhere near 700 calories. I am just not quite sure how people do it. My plan today is to try to get to the gym between work and picking the kiddos up from school for some cardio and strength training. I get off at 2:30, they get out at 3:00, though they are never outside right at three, so that gives me a few extra minutes. Then, hoping to pick them up and head back to the Y for some swimming. We won't have a great amount of time, but something is better than nothing.

I burn 600-700 just by doing the cardio and the weight training- I stay with in my target heart rate the entire time. I also where a heart rate monitor (best thing I bought myself)

my goal is to burn 10 calories a minute- sometimes I burn more a minute