A bit of a noob

Options
Happy Wednesday all.

I’m from the UK and I have a couple of stone to lose.

I’m quite new to calorie counting, as I’ve always just eaten what I want (hence the extra weight!) I have tried diet plans like slimming world or weight watchers - which are hard to stick too as it’s very limiting and that just doesn’t work for me personally!

I am allowed 1700 Cals a day to lose a pound a week which I’m happy with.

Can you tell me, if I don’t have all of my calories throughout the week, can you bank them and save them for the weeend? For example I only had 1500 yesterday so can I save those 200 leftover calories and use the weekend?

Will I still lose weight?

As I say I am new so please don’t be too harsh with me!

Thanks x

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yep, that is how I do it. I eat a little less everyday to have extra calories for the weekend.
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    In short yes. I do the same sometimes if I have a big weekend coming up. I tend to exercise a little more so I have even more cals to play with. I like to focus more on net weekly cals rather than a specific day. Quite frankly I can do without the daily head&^%k so net weekly cals it is. Good luck
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would be similar, try be very good during the week so my weekends I can treat.
  • johnd4076
    johnd4076 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello, happy to add you
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Yes! Absolutely! Bank calories for the weekend. If you meet your calorie goal on a weekly basis, you will lose weight as expected. Best to you!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Yeah you can of course, it's the deficit over time that keeps up the downward trend in weight.

I look at my weekly average calories rather than day-to-day.