100 days / 30 pounds lost

Options
1lone_wolf
1lone_wolf Posts: 57 Member
edited January 2018 in Success Stories
MyFitnessPal has been awesome in helping me be accountable and stay on track for the last 100 days. I’ve lost 30 lbs and feel way better, physically and mentally. And I’m still a dork, rocking my Star Wars shirt :smiley:

Any advice/helpful hints I can get to maintain is much appreciated! Thanks. Peace.

464t6lvavfjd.jpeg

Replies

• Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great job! Looks like it can be done if you try hard. Thanks for the inspiration. Did you do anything other than track your food?
  • 1lone_wolf
    Options
    Alpha12 wrote: »
    Great job! Looks like it can be done if you try hard. Thanks for the inspiration. Did you do anything other than track your food?

Yes, in addition to tracking my food, I was honest when logging meals/snacks when I went way over my daily caloric intake for days like thanksgiving. It helped keep me honest.

Also, I synced my phone to track my steps which gave me a little more cushion with the added calories earned. I average around 3 miles a day - just walking. No running/jogging/cardio machines.

Lastly, I logged my workouts daily in the exercise notes but I don’t count those calories burned because that is really hard to track because you have to enter it manually.

Thanks for asking. Good luck!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Well done! Again, congrats!
  • mb2112
    mb2112 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Get more Star Wars shirts :-)
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good job and great results you must be happy :)
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    May the force be with you! You look great!
  • 1lone_wolf
    Options
    mb2112 wrote: »
    Get more Star Wars shirts :-)

Haha. Definitely will get more Star Wars gym shirts. I already have “A New Hope” “Empire” and a Boba Fett. Haha fhgw10la29g1.jpeg
  • 1lone_wolf
    Options
    Can someone help me with my profile? I’m trying to figure how to turn my “pounds lost” from public to private.
  • Ekoth1017
    Ekoth1017 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    1lone_wolf wrote: »
    Can someone help me with my profile? I’m trying to figure how to turn my “pounds lost” from public to private.

I looked at your profile from the app and the desktop site and I can’t see how many pounds you’ve lost.
  • Ekoth1017
    Ekoth1017 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss!
  • jeffchoong
    jeffchoong Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal has been awesome in helping me be accountable and stay on track for the last 100 days. I’ve lost 30 lbs and feel way better, physically and mentally. And I’m still a dork, rocking my Star Wars shirt :smiley:

Any advice/helpful hints I can get to maintain is much appreciated! Thanks. Peace.

464t6lvavfjd.jpeg

How many calories a day are you currently targeting? What workout are you currently doing?

Great job!
  • 1lone_wolf
    Options
    Ekoth1017 wrote: »

I looked at your profile from the app and the desktop site and I can’t see how many pounds you’ve lost.

Thanks for the clarification! I guess I can see the pounds lost but no one else can.
  • 1lone_wolf
    Options
    jeffchoong wrote: »

464t6lvavfjd.jpeg

How many calories a day are you currently targeting? What workout are you currently doing?

Great job!

Targeting 2210 calories/daily with around 100 surplus calories because I track and sync my steps and average around 3 miles daily . Having said that, I usually end up in a caloric deficit and try to leave at least 500 calories on the table.

Workouts? I started my weight loss/exercise regime with doing compound workouts (deadlifts, squats, bench) and included “full-body” exercises (kettlebell swings, goblet squats, medicine ball slams, row machine). Basically exercises that would workout my entire body as a opposed to targeting specific muscle groups. And no cardio (treadmill, eliptical, etc.) because I walk so much on average.

And I worked out consistently over the 100 days but my days were not set in stone I.e. Monday-Friday. I would workout 4-5 days a week but sometimes 2 days in a row then a day off then 3 days in a row then a break, etc. Being flexible in my schedule helped me to keep from burning out on going to the gym.

Hope the info helps! Peace.
  • 1lone_wolf
    Options
    Weight update/pic coming at the end of this month. I weigh myself every two months to gauge where I’m at but not obsess over it by weighing myself too frequently.
  • ks2405
    ks2405 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's so good u have lost the weight and so inspiring. I need a good inspiration story to motivate me. I am 46, size 14 and 14 stone 0.5 lbs. 3 years ago I was size 12 and 12.5 stone and just can't seem to shift this stone and a half!
  • 1lone_wolf
    Options
    ks2405 wrote: »
    That's so good u have lost the weight and so inspiring. I need a good inspiration story to motivate me. I am 46, size 14 and 14 stone 0.5 lbs. 3 years ago I was size 12 and 12.5 stone and just can't seem to shift this stone and a half!
    Thanks for the compliment. I just try to leave calories “on the table” and try to stay in around a 500 caloric deficit. Doesn’t happen every day but that’s the goal.
  • 1lone_wolf
    Options
    Gym check-ins for January. #consistency siz387lwv21c.jpeg
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Good job. The gym needs more people in Star Wars t-shirts.
  • 1lone_wolf
    Options
    Good job. The gym needs more people in Star Wars t-shirts.

Haha. The gym ALWAYS needs more people in Star Wars shirts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!