Big breakfast eaters, can you share what you eat?

I feel better with a bigger breakfast, can others share what they are eating? How many calories, macros, and how many calories do you eat in total in a day?

Replies

• mikeb4bjj
    mikeb4bjj Posts: 317 Member
    edited February 2018
    6 eggs, 1 tbsp butter, 1/4 cup pecans, bulletproof coffee with another 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp MCT oil. Get some :)

EDIT: to answer your other questions, I'm on keto obviously, so it's 75 fat/20 protein/5 carb. I eat 2600 as a base, but on days I train 3 hours of BJJ, that's closer to 5,000.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I prefer a big breakfast, but had to work towards a slightly smaller breakfast just to have a reasonable amount of calories left for other meals. I eat about 1750 calories per day. On weekends when I have time for breakfast I do oatmeal and I make scrambled eggs using a bunch of egg whites with a whole egg and a little bit of cheese or turkey bacon. It's pretty filling while not tons of calories. Sometimes I do homemade pancakes and use egg whites instead of a whole egg with applesauce instead of oil.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I eat 500 calories for breakfast 'spread out' a bit. Before work: 200 calories 1/2 cup oats, splash of unsweetened almond milk, and blueberries. Sprinkle of sugar. At work: 1 apple (I always log a medium as 100), and a luna bar (200 calories) idk about the macros but it keeps me going!
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    I eat 500 calories for breakfast 'spread out' a bit. Before work: 200 calories 1/2 cup oats, splash of unsweetened almond milk, and blueberries. Sprinkle of sugar. At work: 1 apple (I always log a medium as 100), and a luna bar (200 calories) idk about the macros but it keeps me going!

what's your heigh, weight, and how many calories do you eat in total? Can I add you to peak at your diary?
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    I drink a protein coffee every morning that is 207 cal and 32 g of protein.

Then when I eat my breakfast meal, not until 1:00 for me, I have four egg whites, one whole egg, two slices of bacon cooked in the microwave on paper towels, half an ounce low-fat cheese, a serving of bran buds, and 3 ounces of 1% milk. 353 cal, 34 carbs, 13 fat, 37 protein, and 15 fiber.

I average about 1400 cal a day and 140 g of protein

My diary is open
  • dragthewaters1991
    dragthewaters1991 Posts: 45 Member
    edited February 2018
    *2 eggs (either hard-boiled or soft-boiled)
    *overnight oats (1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill extra thick rolled oats, 1 cup Silk unsweetened organic soymilk, 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds) topped with 1/2 cup Ezekiel 4:9 unsweetened sprouted grain cereal (Golden Flax variety) and some type of fresh or dried fruit
    *tea (either hot or iced)
    *vitamin D3 supplement every few days

Today my macros for breakfast were: cals 726, carbs 101g, fat 24g, protein 36g, sat fat 4g, sugar 16g. This breakfast also has about half the daily value of iron.

My total calories for the day are usually 2000-2100 and I'm 5'4" and 125lbs.

Sometimes instead of oatmeal I will have a multigrain baguette with coconut butter or nut butter, along with the eggs, fruit, and tea, which is more of a high-fat breakfast.

Also I go out for brunch once a week at my favorite brunch place, and I get either vegan pancakes or French toast (without syrup) topped with fresh strawberries and blueberries; some type of egg and vegetable dish with multigrain toast and hash browns; or some type of tofu vegetable scramble with multigrain toast and hash browns, along with unsweetened iced tea. That is a higher amount of calories, probably around 800-1000.
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    *2 eggs (either hard-boiled or soft-boiled)
    *overnight oats (1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill extra thick rolled oats, 1 cup Silk unsweetened organic soymilk, 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds) topped with 1/2 cup Ezekiel 4:9 unsweetened sprouted grain cereal (Golden Flax variety) and some type of fresh or dried fruit
    *tea (either hot or iced)
    *vitamin D3 supplement every few days

Today my macros for breakfast were: cals 726, carbs 101g, fat 24g, protein 36g, sat fat 4g, sugar 16g. This breakfast also has about half the daily value of iron.

My total calories for the day are usually 2000-2100 and I'm 5'4" and 125lbs.

Sometimes instead of oatmeal I will have a multigrain baguette with coconut butter or nut butter, along with the eggs, fruit, and tea, which is more of a high-fat breakfast.

Also I go out for brunch once a week at my favorite brunch place, and I get either vegan pancakes or French toast (without syrup) topped with fresh strawberries and blueberries; some type of egg and vegetable dish with multigrain toast and hash browns; or some type of tofu vegetable scramble with multigrain toast and hash browns, along with unsweetened iced tea. That is a higher amount of calories, probably around 800-1000.

whats your activity level like?
  • dragthewaters1991
    dragthewaters1991 Posts: 45 Member
    whats your activity level like?

Not super active. I don't do any hard exercise because I haven't found any hard exercise that I actually enjoy. Unfortunately the only time I did hard exercise was in high school for extracurriculars, and it actually had a negative effect on both my physical and mental health, so now I have a negative association in my mind with it. I do love walking and I walk around two miles a day, sometimes more, provided it isn't below 20 degrees or a blizzard. I also want to get into biking but apparently you CAN forget how to ride a bike, so I have to re-learn first.

However my metabolism is pretty high because I am a neurotic person so I burn a good amount of calories and 2000-2100 is my maintenance point.