Hello - I'm new

Options
Hello my name is Scott and I need to remove around 30 pounds. Since I got married I have put on 40lbs, and over the years I have dropped 28 and gained most of it back. I really need to make some better choices in the foods that I eat. I have tried Nutri System - WW - and Atkins. I had lost 28 pounds on WW a few years ago and recently took off 15lbs on Atkins.

My wife and I have a 1 year old daughter at home and I really don't want to be an over weight dad. I work as a custodian so I am very active but there is always junk food at my job or unhealthy food and the temptation is always there. I try to bring in my own food so I am not tempted to eat that type of food, but as you know that is hard. I do drink a lot of water though.

I am really looking forward to this journey and I am hoping I can make some new friends too, Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Thanks,
Scott

Replies

• ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    hello scott, its nice to have new people to join mfp....we are here for u ....we can support yu and u can support us.. u made the right choice. im sure u are going to do a wonderful job
  • Bramtits20
    Options
    hey.. you will love MFP.. everyone here is great..!!

x
  • kermitsbride
    Options
    I know how you feel Scott my weight has fluctuated a lot over the last few years and always seem to put more back on than i have lost. I have chronic fatigue syndrome too and the extra weight makes it difficult to control the condition,

I have been using this site for a week and have lost 2LB this week and have done it without substituting treats but thinking about how they can fit into a balanced diet instead, it has also made me exercise more which has got to be a good thing, my boyfriend has also joined and he lost quite a lot this week which is a great motivator.

I will add you as a friend as i find it encouraging to have motivation and i'm sure you are the same

Anna
  • Evamuse
    Evamuse Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I completely understand where you are coming from. I work in a office which has loads of biscuits and cakes brought in every day.
    I have resisted so far but it is difficult. To overcome this urge, I reach for the water on my desk instead. Feel free to add me for support.
  • balancebean
    balancebean Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too. I just started yesterday, but so far it's been pretty easy. Good luck.
  • chrissie8
    Options
    Hi Scott,
    I'm new also and have put on 14 kg over 3 yrs due to lack of exercise and other med issues. I wish to reduce my weight as I feel this is not a good example for my daughter nor as a nurse to my patients... Enjoy the journey and remember to be true to yourself, it's not the diet thing your doing, it's the lifestyle change but don't totally deprive yourself everyday. Have one day out where you have something out of the ordinary then back on track for the week........Cheers Chrissie
  • shanybabe
    Options
    Hello I am new too have only been doing it a couple of days please feel free to add me so need the help my friend katcj is new too
  • 1973Cougar
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support.
  • TommyWR
    TommyWR Posts: 65
    Options
    Feel free to add me Scott. I have been a "heavy" most of my life. Just keep working hard!