Replies

• Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I do often, but not daily!
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day too. I've noticed that my lightest weight of the day is right before lunch without clothes. I log my weight once a week. I think it is interesting to see how much I gain or lose during the day.
  • mangirl
    mangirl Posts: 93
    Options
    I weigh daily but log my weight loss if I lose more than 4 pounds and it stays off for at least four days.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    like this post...thx. but still try to only weigh in once a week.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but I take my Sunday weigh-in as my official weekly weight :)
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i weigh every day, but i only do it in the morning, before i've eaten to keep it consistent. i know that i can put on 0.5 to 1.5kg in a day depending on my food and activities, but it keeps me going. if i put on a bit during the week, i'll really focus on my food and continue to exercise so that at monday i haven't put on weight from the previous monday.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else notice a difference if you weigh yourself before & after you workout?

I'm assuming there would be a gain due to water, and muscles expanding, storing water, etc.
  • hhan
    hhan Posts: 74
    Options
    I weigh in daily and I agree with this article. I truly think weighing in daily has helped me to understand my body and what is going on with it better. I know how different foods affect me - negatively or positively. How water (or lack of!) affects me. I know what is a normal range for my weight and on average how much I fluctuate between morning and night time. I know some people may consider it obsessive, but I think it actually helps curb freak outs because you know it's normal for it to be up or down by X number of pounds!

Same here.

On an aside and assuming that your avatar is your before and after . . . WOW you look great. I really wish now that I had a before photo but I never allowed anyone to photograph me . . . still don't. :ohwell:
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Each to their own but I find it hard to track loss if I do this and would get discouraged by the fluctuations. i agree weighing often helps keep track but I think once a week is suffice
  • ieatstickers
    ieatstickers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree with this.I always seem to do a lot better when I weigh myself daily compared to weekly. It helps me get to know my body, and if I need to push harder in my workouts or change my eating habits.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    i dont' have any scales at home, I wiegh myself every time I go to the gym, and quite often wanting to know how much I weigh is my motivation to go! I think its fine to weigh a lot, as long as you don't panic if it goes up about. If you are doing things right you will see a slow downward slide with only mild fluctuations. And at least you know straight away if what you are doing isn't working.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I've always weighed daily, but only log weekly. This gives me, I think, a better understanding of the way my weight fluctuates within the week, and the things that influence it, so that if, for instance, I have a sudden gain at my weekly weigh in, I tend to understand where t comes from, and I'm less likely to be upset by it.

I can become a tad obsessed with weighing, and I also know consequently how my body weight shifts through the average day, I don't see that as a bad thing, either.

I don't think there are absolutes with these things, though I do agree that when you *don't* weight at all, that tends to be bad news for dieting.
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but I rely on the trend weight reported on my Android Phone in Libra, I find this is more representative of what I actually weight and doesn't fluctuate so much. Just to make things even easier I have Libra download the latest measurements from my Withings Internet Scales automatically.

See it in action:
    http://code.google.com/p/libra-android/