Burning belly fat

Options
So recently I weighed in & im down from 233 to 210! I’ve noticed fat loss from my face & in genereal, but idk if it’s in my mind or not but my belly hasn’t reduced much. I’ve been dieting & doing cardio which is why I’ve lost weight. Is it true that lifting heavy weights will help burn more fat? Also heard that the first place you gained fat is where you will lose it last so maybe that’s why my stomach hasn’t changed much? Any help please?!

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! Weight lifting will help shape the muscle under your fat but will not do much for the fat itself. You can’t do anything to target specific areas for fat loss, and it’s true that many people find the belly to be the last to go. You’ll just need to be patient and keep losing! But do look into weights if you’re interested - the bodybuilding forum has some great resources.
  • kshizzle124
    kshizzle124 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I figured I need to lose a little more my end goal is at least 190. I’ll definitely take what you said in mind!
  • Shugahhfatt
    Shugahhfatt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    u are right! welcome...its the first and last to go lol I know it sucks keep going! what plan are u doing???
    Chris Rocco
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I agree with the advice about weight lifting. As Megamoose said, you can't spot reduce, unfortunately. Genetics are what dictates when and where the fat comes off. Unfortunately, my family members are all shaped larger around their tummy, and I am no exception. Even after 80 lbs of loss and being happy mostly with my shape, the only thing I can do is keep losing until the fat comes off in that area. If your family is that way, too...guess what. :D
  • kshizzle124
    kshizzle124 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    u are right! welcome...its the first and last to go lol I know it sucks keep going! what plan are u doing???
    Chris Rocco

What do you mean plan? Lol. I mostly just watch what I eat, track my calories, & do at least an hour of cardio 3-5 days a week. If that’s what you mean by plan. Thanks guys I just wanted to make sure I wasnt crazy about my stomach lol.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Chris Rocco

What do you mean plan? Lol. I mostly just watch what I eat, track my calories, & do at least an hour of cardio 3-5 days a week. If that’s what you mean by plan. Thanks guys I just wanted to make sure I wasnt crazy about my stomach lol.

I think they meant lifting plan. Lifting helps you retain muscle as you lose weight, so you lose mostly fat. It makes a difference in helping you look lean in the end.