2»

Replies

• onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    yes i did... (because I do! :)
    is that too much do you think?

Definitely too much. Reset it for 1/2 lb per week, MAYBE 1 lb but don't be surprised if it's slower.

I'm your height, CW 163, GW 140 and get 1500 calories set at 1/2 lb and sedentary. I reset it to 2 lbs per week just to see and got 1200. I can do that for a few weeks and then get miserable, hungry, and cranky. Not worth it. MFP shouldn't go lower than 1200, by default, anyway. I don't know how you got 1000.

Stats twin!! :p
  • maddydonaghy
    maddydonaghy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    MFP shouldn't be giving you a goal below 1200. Probably a glitch.

Depending on your activity though 1200 could be too little.

I am about your height (5'4.5") and I am 140.2 lbs as of yesterday morning. I have averaged 1.2 lb per week loss for the past 3 weeks while averaging 1972 calories.
    I also have a Fitbit. I have MFP set to Sedentary and 1 lb per week loss (1210 Goal before Fitbit adjustments). I eat most of my Fitbit adjustment back. I have been losing slightly faster than planned because I am not eating all of them.

Now as for reasonable rates, it is usually recommended for sustainability:
    0-25lbs to lose = 0.5 lb per week
    25-50 lbs to lose = 1 lb per week
    50-75 lbs to lose = 1.5 lb per week
    75+ lbs to lose = 2 lbs per week

For mostly fat loss, no more than 1% bodyweight loss per week, adequate protein, and strength training with progressive overload.

Wow thats seems like ALOT of calories....
    But worth considering.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

I am about your height (5'4.5") and I am 140.2 lbs as of yesterday morning. I have averaged 1.2 lb per week loss for the past 3 weeks while averaging 1972 calories.
    I also have a Fitbit. I have MFP set to Sedentary and 1 lb per week loss (1210 Goal before Fitbit adjustments). I eat most of my Fitbit adjustment back. I have been losing slightly faster than planned because I am not eating all of them.

For mostly fat loss, no more than 1% bodyweight loss per week, adequate protein, and strength training with progressive overload.

But worth considering.

You can't really go by other people's calorie levels, there are lots of variables. For example I'm 5'4 130 lbs and I'm maintaining on 1800 cals, I would have gained weight on 1900. But it goes to show you what's possible. Your net should not go below 1200 though, and you can probably eat more.

Since you are only trying to lose 15 lbs, set your goal to lose 0.5 lbs per week (maybe 1 lb if you want but no more than that) and prepare to be patient and trust the process. 0.5 lbs can easily hide behind water weight fluctuations from week to week!
  • maddydonaghy
    maddydonaghy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

But worth considering.

You can't really go by other people's calorie levels, there are lots of variables. For example I'm 5'4 130 lbs and I'm maintaining on 1800 cals, I would have gained weight on 1900. But it goes to show you what's possible. Your net should not go below 1200 though, and you can probably eat more.

Since you are only trying to lose 15 lbs, set your goal to lose 0.5 lbs per week (maybe 1 lb if you want but no more than that) and prepare to be patient and trust the process. 0.5 lbs can easily hide behind water weight fluctuations from week to week!

Thank you very much....x
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    AND START REMOVING THE CULPRITS WHICH SLOW YOUR METABOLISM DOWN. CHRIS ROCCO

What things are you referring to? Specific foods?
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    well the body is not a calorie counter ....when I used to do calories was miserable it lowered thyroid my metabolic rate. Oh u lose weight at first but then you slingshot back fatter then you were before..what ya gotta do is keep increasing calories slightly higher and higher till you get back on track...TRACK EVERYTHING I MEAN EVERYTHING AND START REMOVING THE CULPRITS WHICH SLOW YOUR METABOLISM DOWN. if I follow mfp calorie recommendation that would have me in starvation at about 1800 calories a freaking day!!!!!IM at 3300 to 3400 and losing...not kidding. im 6 foot 2 athletic male lift weights so PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN GOING LOW CALORIES TO LOSE WEIGHT.
    CHRIS ROCCO

You are very active to still be able to lose eating 3300+ cals.
    But most people need to eat much less than that too lose.

Word. Us shorter, less athletic people *can* be quite happy with 1600-1800 calories. I’m happy at 1550 and losing weight at 5,4. My 6 foot tall SO however needs at least 2000.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    ^^ not sure why the above was flagged!!
    500 cals a day more for me would mean I would steadily gain 1 lb a week. I'm also a shortie and am very happy eating an average of 1900-2000 cals to maintain. When we're smaller it takes less to fill us.