Working Flab off your arms

Options
Hello everyone! Upon recently being tagged in some fancy dress photos I discovered that even though I've managed to reduce my waist these past 3 months, my arms are still huge.

I did some research and found this simple work out on the net, its free and has video tutorials, it looks really good and I just thought id share in case anyone else is in a similar situation

I'm planning to do it every day and hopefully reduce my huge arms, If anybody else has any tips or has tried this work out before please let me know

Here the link to the arm work out tutorial http://www.sleevelessin7.com/arm-workouts-women-a/

Replies

• maureenx
    maureenx Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for the info...have checked it out, looks promising!...lol
  • drakeswife09
    drakeswife09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Will definitely check it out and give it a try.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hey, you can tighten your muscles underneath the fat, but you can't spot-reduce the fat loss. The best way to reduce the size of your arms is to lose more weight and it'll partially come off from your arms in due course.

If your arms have very little fat on them now, doing specific arm exercises will increase the muscle definition, making them look more toned.
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for this! :)
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting, my upper arms are definitely something I want/need to work on...I dont want bingo wings forever!
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hey, you can tighten your muscles underneath the fat, but you can't spot-reduce the fat loss. The best way to reduce the size of your arms is to lose more weight and it'll partially come off from your arms in due course.

Unfortunately, I agree with this.
  • untilthesun
    untilthesun Posts: 30 Member
    Options

If your arms have very little fat on them now, doing specific arm exercises will increase the muscle definition, making them look more toned.

^^^^^^ i am aware of this, which is why im going to do these on top of my normal gym routines, will this not help??
  • jesshall281
    Options
    i've looked at the program and it looks like mainly weights training, this alone will bulk your arms because as the muscle increases, the fat around it will look a lot bigger, this really needs to be combined with cardio, preferably running, then together you will have slim, toned arms in no time! :flowerforyou:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I know people say you can't spot reduce fat, and I understand the biology behind it, but I have to say, doing press ups has made a huge difference to my arms, which until now have always been flabby, even when I used to do weights and row and was much thinner than I am now.
  • Mimer55
    Mimer55 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for the info. My arms could use it!
  • untilthesun
    untilthesun Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i've looked at the program and it looks like mainly weights training, this alone will bulk your arms because as the muscle increases, the fat around it will look a lot bigger, this really needs to be combined with cardio, preferably running, then together you will have slim, toned arms in no time! :flowerforyou:

great thanks :) this is the plan, I'm doing mainly cardio at the gym with a little weight training :) this has helped lots.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Body Pump is amazing for arms
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options

^^^^^^ i am aware of this, which is why im going to do these on top of my normal gym routines, will this not help??

Well, putting aside the fact that any exercise is good, helps you become stronger, fitter and more healthy...

The exercises will help tighten your existing muscles and give you some muscle definition, which - if you don't have any/much fat lying on top of the muscles - will make them look healthy, defined and slightly slimmer.

I'd say do the exercises, just don't expect the fat content of your arms to decrease specifically due to these exercises.

If you're wondering how much fat you have on your arms - go by this rule: you can tense muscle, but you can't tense fat. So tense up your arm and prod/poke/pinch to see what bits are still flabby.