newbie...nervous but excited

Options
never know what to write on these things but here goes,

im getting married next year and need to lose at least 3 stone!!!

i work in an office so the temptation to pick and eat rubbish is always there with cakes and biscuits being handed around pretty much every day!!

im determined im going to lose this excess baggage thats stopping me from being the person that i truly am, and feel that i am...

any recipes that people can suggest will be greatly received, tried and tested....i need all the help i can get....xxx :cry:

Replies

• RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When i worked in an office i always made sure to have healthy snacks available...like bag up some veggies or fruits so when the urge hits you are grabbing something healthy...or you can always take the "100 calorie" packs with you as well! Good luck! :)
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    If you start following this site, by next year everyone at your wedding is gonna be amazed by your transformation, because MFP gives you the right plan of calories to follow and if you are determined to follow it you will be smiling at the awesome results that you will have :-) Have a great Journey :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    Hi,

And congratulations on your wedding :o) I lost 2 stone for mine a couple of years ago without MFP...but had started to put it all back on again....hence why I'm here!

I work in an office too so as others have said, make sure you have lots of healthy snacks around. I found that my key when I first started was to make sure I had a really good breakfast (cereal yoghurt and fruit), that way I found I didn't need the snacks during the day......can you get out for a walk at lunch time? I found that that helped a lot :o)

The support and motivation on this site is great, so I wish you lots of luck :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • weddingdresswoes
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile:

the motivation from everyone is just what i need to keep me going and give me the right mindset!!!

I think one of my main problems is that i dont eat breakfast...bad i know!! a problem that i am going to rectify as of now!!!

Caroline, where i work is on the side of dual carriageway so cant really get out for a walk :ohwell: will be hitting my gravity strider this evening and also going to zumba on a thursday evening...this will come off!!!!

xxx
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    Glad to hear that you are very motivated :smile:

I found it so hard to eat breakfast, but stick with it cos now I wake up ready for breakfast rather than feeling sick at the thought of it :smile: xx
  • jenet006
    jenet006 Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome.
    I also work in an office environment and find yoghurt, fruit and unfortunately black coffee gets me through those moments where I need a snack. By counting calories here though, I have found that this is all the motivation I need not to eat those biscuits and cakes.

Luckily I'm not a huge fan of sweets, but when the cheese and crackers come out....I avoid the temptation by viewing how many calories I would consume if I ate 1 or 2. Once I see the amount of calories...I negotiate whether I want to give up my after dinner snack or reduce my meal at dinner time, and the answer so far has been NO! I'd rather have a nice dinner and a yoghurt or some fresh fruit in the evening than 1 or 2 crackers!

To me its about value for calories. If 150cal isn't going to give me something sustainable...I don't want it.

I wish you all the best in your quest and feel free to add me for extra support during those biscuit and cake moments!