Thoughts?

Options
I seem to refer back to this little chart, especially hearing all the newest/latest diet crazes. It just kinda helps ground me. I am sure there are many arguments just curious what they are?

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I would take issue with this statement - Unless you feel your stomach actually violently growling, you're not hungry, so don't eat.

There is nothing wrong with eating whenever you want whether your stomach is growling or not.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Mostly agree.

Have the same concerns as listed above. I know personally if I am busy I tend to not notice my hunger, and on those days I seem to crap out of energy before I notice I am hungry. Then I get grumpy :angry:
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I mostly agree, except about the hunger statement. You don't have to have violent growling stomachs to be hungry. You also don't have to be hungry in order to need to eat.

I realize that being diabetic my needs are different from those that aren't, but I ate lunch yesterday at about eleven or eleven thirty, I forget exactly.

About four I started to shake because my blood sugar was 75 (70 is officially hypoglycemia). I was NOT hungry, I had two servings of oatmeal for lunch and oatmeal keeps me full for a ridiculously long time. I still needed to eat, so I ate a carb heavy supper.

It's true that they don't need to eat every two to three hours, and that there's no special metabolism boosting power to it, but it's just as valid as eating once a day.