LADIES I NEED HELP!!!

Options
Okay, so its about my TOM (Time Of Month for you who dont know :P)

I hate exercising with them, i hate it since i dont wear tampons,
but i feel lazy and gross if i dont exercise at all,
what are some light things i can do to still get my exercise in but not pushing myself to the extreme?

im thinking cross/elliptical trainer? and maybe the sit down bikes and then just some strength training?

what do you think? any ideas?

:)

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I would wear a tampon or not do it. I'd feel way too uncomfortable. =/
  • Bijee
    Bijee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    maybe go for a walk. enjoy some outdoor time and go for a walk outside on a trail/track or something. I know during my time tha tis better than actually going to the gym and working out. Just put on your music and walk, evben if just around the neighborhood. :smile:
  • Carebr93
    Options
    I would stay away from the sit down exercises that may make you feel sticky and even more uncomfortable. I would try walking/joggins something that keeps your heart rate up and your legs moving.
  • loubulou2209
    Options
    I always feel seriously ick around that time, so I tend to opt for walking at a fast pace somewhere nice, like the local park or the beach. If you prefer going to the gym, maybe exercise bikes and rowing machines would be a good compromise?
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    walking, yoga, wii fit..... just as long as your moving then you should be ok. i tend to spend the week binging on chocolate and sitting on my *kitten* then get back on it afterwards but any form of exercise whether is breaking out in a hot sweat or just a gently stroll is better than doing nothing at all.
  • panda_rocks
    panda_rocks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    even if you just go for a walk or something, its better than nothing right? Even with a pad on, put on your sneakers and take a 1/2 hour stroll....it will may you feel better :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't wear tampons either, but I wear a really thin pad and go about my week as normal.

I'm also on birthcontrol, so I don't get as heavy as a period. When I wasn't though, I would go on a walk.. you can strength train and it won't feel weird or anything.
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    Right there with you.......

I tend to just go for a walk or do a bit of wii fit, especially as doing that at home you can dive right into the shower if you need to at any point! Perhaps a yoga DVD or something if you don't have a wii? :smile:
  • Rachel158
    Options
    As the others said, walking is brill, have you tried pilates, not sweaty, good core training and leaves you feeling relaxed and lovely.
  • MaggieP86
    Options
    Anything standing/moving. I'd avoid sitting if you don't wear tampons, the extra padding can cause a bit of odd bruising (speaking from experience) unless you're standing for your ride.

Yoga, dance, elliptical, walking, running, weight training.

Working out during my tom always makes me feel better -- it takes away cramps and actually seems to speed it up :)