Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

LADIES I NEED HELP!!!

Okay, so its about my TOM (Time Of Month for you who dont know :P)

I hate exercising with them, i hate it since i dont wear tampons,
but i feel lazy and gross if i dont exercise at all,
what are some light things i can do to still get my exercise in but not pushing myself to the extreme?

im thinking cross/elliptical trainer? and maybe the sit down bikes and then just some strength training?

what do you think? any ideas?

:)

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    I would wear a tampon or not do it. I'd feel way too uncomfortable. =/
  • Bijee
    Bijee Posts: 28 Member
    maybe go for a walk. enjoy some outdoor time and go for a walk outside on a trail/track or something. I know during my time tha tis better than actually going to the gym and working out. Just put on your music and walk, evben if just around the neighborhood. :smile:
  • I would stay away from the sit down exercises that may make you feel sticky and even more uncomfortable. I would try walking/joggins something that keeps your heart rate up and your legs moving.
  • I always feel seriously ick around that time, so I tend to opt for walking at a fast pace somewhere nice, like the local park or the beach. If you prefer going to the gym, maybe exercise bikes and rowing machines would be a good compromise?
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    walking, yoga, wii fit..... just as long as your moving then you should be ok. i tend to spend the week binging on chocolate and sitting on my *kitten* then get back on it afterwards but any form of exercise whether is breaking out in a hot sweat or just a gently stroll is better than doing nothing at all.
  • panda_rocks
    panda_rocks Posts: 34 Member
    even if you just go for a walk or something, its better than nothing right? Even with a pad on, put on your sneakers and take a 1/2 hour stroll....it will may you feel better :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I don't wear tampons either, but I wear a really thin pad and go about my week as normal.

I'm also on birthcontrol, so I don't get as heavy as a period. When I wasn't though, I would go on a walk.. you can strength train and it won't feel weird or anything.
  • Right there with you.......

I tend to just go for a walk or do a bit of wii fit, especially as doing that at home you can dive right into the shower if you need to at any point! Perhaps a yoga DVD or something if you don't have a wii? :smile:
  • As the others said, walking is brill, have you tried pilates, not sweaty, good core training and leaves you feeling relaxed and lovely.
  • Anything standing/moving. I'd avoid sitting if you don't wear tampons, the extra padding can cause a bit of odd bruising (speaking from experience) unless you're standing for your ride.

Yoga, dance, elliptical, walking, running, weight training.

Working out during my tom always makes me feel better -- it takes away cramps and actually seems to speed it up :)