Ugh

Options
Surgeon wants me no weight bearing until middle of June. Got depressed and ate comfort food all weekend and gained 4 lbs! Now I’m really depressed, LOL. I gotta buckle down and eat right! It’s just so hard to lose weight while being inactive! It’s also hard for me just to BE inactive!!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    Oh, no.

Can you swim or ride a bike or kayak or something?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I would be REALLY unhappy if I couldn't exercise for six months! I hope you can do some/all of the things @cmriverside suggested. Maybe it's also a good opportunity to work on upper body strength?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    a lot of that was probably water/sodium weight and will come off. its doubtful you truly ate that much.

put the fork down.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Doubtfully that you eat 14000 (4lbs x 3500cals/lb) calories OVER maintenance this weekend. Drink plenty of water/water-based drinks to help flush out the sodium, eat sensibly at or (moderately) below maintenance, try to get some activity or exercise and you will be fine until June.
  • namasara
    namasara Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How about a little yoga? There are so many poses that can stretch and reset your mind......try searching for a yin yoga class (in person or online). Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • cowgirl4063
    cowgirl4063 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would try the pool, after your surgery heals, I swim with a lot of women who've had knees and hips replaced. I have RA, and DG Disc and Osteo Arthritis, so I am triple hit, I've been swimming twice a week for about 3 /12 weeks and am down 2 lbs and 2 1/2 inches, its a thought for ya