Random vomiting

Options
Hi all.
I’m 4 weeks into calorie counting on MFP and have pretty much stuck to my goals daily if not weekly.
Yesterday I was under and also today by 800kj.
I came home following work and I was starving (a symptom I haven’t experienced in a long time) so I began to make a fruit smoothie.
Whilst peeping I began to feel the first symptoms of pending vomiting and began to vomit, very little however as it had been hours since I ate.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this as I’m concerned it was because I ate to little or my BGL became to low.

Replies

• mellyb11
    mellyb11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    BTW I had no nausea and immediately went back to feeling hungry and therefore had 1/2 my smoothie
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Flu?

Food poisoning?
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    flu, pregnant, virus, food poisoning - could be anything and probably not related to the 800 calories you ate.
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    What calories are you aiming for? if you have a 1200-1400 calorie goal and you are 800 under then you only ate 400-600 calories?? Please tell me this is not that case.
  • ahopefultree
    ahopefultree Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you're in the US, I'd guess flu. This flu season has been terrible, and the dominant strains aren't the ones that they thought would be an issue. So even if you got the flu shot this year, there's a higher chance now (compared to past years) that you'll get the flu this year.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    There's a nasty stomach virus going around right now. My oldest had the exact same symptoms you describe. It all depends on whether it happens again. If it does her pediatrician gave us some amazing nausea meds that worked like a charm and allowed it to run its course without her becoming dehydrated.

Feel better.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I have vomited before in my life, yes
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Did you happen to also take a multivitamin? Whenever I make mistake of swallowing a multivitamin on an empty stomach (or lightly filled stomach) it makes me throw up, in exact same way you're describing. No cramping, pain, nausea, just blechhh. Also when I'm pregnant.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Stomach acid? Acid reflux? When I get really hungry, I get weird stomach gurgles and sometimes some acid comes up.