Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

F* You Flu!!!

Not going to lie... I was doing Low Starch/Sugar/ High Green Veggie/Higher Protien/ Higher HEALTHY Fat diet. It was working. Of course I was counting calories but I was satiated and feeling good. I started working out and everything.

Then in walks in the influenza bug for the 2nd time since Christmas and I have eaten nothing but Noodle Soup and Gatorade and peanut butter sandwiches.

Now I need to sugar detox again. grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Honestly, the flu is more dangerous than the sugar in Gatorade and peanut butter. I would think that you would just be able to go back to eating in the way you prefer, no "detox" necessary.

This!
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    edited February 2018
    I am guessing that since you have the flu, much of what you are eating probably isn't staying in your system very long anyway :wink:

Detox probably isn't necessary.
  • joshuak30
    joshuak30 Posts: 110 Member
    The flu sucks. I've had a 24-hour bug twice since Christmas as well.
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »
    I was doing Low Starch/Sugar/ High Green Veggie/Higher Protien/ Higher HEALTHY Fat diet. It was working...I have eaten nothing but Noodle Soup and Gatorade and peanut butter sandwiches...Now I need to sugar detox again. grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

If the Low Everything, Higher HEALTHY diet was working, why did you eat simple foods when you were sick? Wouldn't the healthier diet still be healthier?

Detoxing from the flu makes sense. Detoxing from easy-to-digest foods not so much.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Just getting over the FLU also. My advice. Take your meds and eat whatever you can and DRINK A LOT! It's a bad one this year. My resting heart rate went from mid 50's up to mid to high 70s. MY RESTING HEARTRATE. And it hasn't dropped back yet - day 12 today. Once you are over it, you pick up where you left off. You cannot stay in a deficit when you are fighting a virus.

Oh ya. Definitely not something to mess around with. I had the influenza in late December/early Jan. My resting HR went from low 60's to high 80's. It was horrible. My resting HR still isn't back down yet (almost, but not quite).

My son came home with a fever today and I am hoping it is just some 24 hr bug and not the flu.
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Yep. We were in the ER yesterday. It sucks, but take care of yourself first and foremost.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Just saw a story about how the flu shot this year was only 20% effective against the strains going around. Yikes!
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,027 Member
    Just saw a story about how the flu shot this year was only 20% effective against the strains going around. Yikes!

20% is still better than zero though, and can reduce symptoms. Flu has killed quite a few this season.