**TEAM WAISTIN' A-WEIGH WK 2 UNLEASHING THE BEAST WITHIN (CL

Options
Still waiting on results from last week from a few team members. I need to get the information to Gary ASAP so get that to me by the end of the day today. If there's no response, I'll assume you don't want to continue.

Each week our challenge exercises will increase in difficulty and intensity. This week, we are unleashing the beast within!

This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
captain for ideas.

Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge
WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER
ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u
don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup
or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

TEAM CHALLENGE!!!! We need to coordinate a 100 mile walk for this week! We need everyone's help. If we all walk 5 miles this week, we'll make 100 in no time! How many miles can you all give up for the team??

Replies

• lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy you are feeling much better! Thanks for all the motivation!
  • MiriF
    MiriF Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Week Two still looks manageable to me - honestly though I'm getting worried about the subsequent weeks if it keeps getting bigger/longer/stronger! Eeek.

Also - should we assume last week's goals to not go over calories and to drink 64 ounces of water per day still stand?
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am going camping this week, so I won't be checking in regularly. A friend is logging me on so I don't lose my daily counts. I'm bringing the challenges with me and will complete them as best I can. I will catch up on everything when I return (and enter my weekly totals by Sunday).
    Have a great week team--we can do this!!!
  • Shiloh101
    Shiloh101 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ready to tackle week number two. I can give you five miles this week. Let me know how we post this. Thanks.

Shiloh
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing 5 miles today!!!! :bigsmile:
  • hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Options
    I am so excited for this week!! I am ready to just take it by storm!! I can commit to 5 miles this week, that wont be hard at all!! i'll just go for a walk on my lunch breaks, there is a nifty lil walk that is exactly 1 mile! Good luck everyone!!! lets make this a fantastic week!
  • lilallen05
    Options
    squat kicks done!! woohoo!!! feelin good :D i can commit to 10 miles this week :D
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    as far as my personal life is concerned, all i can say is god is good.

I am loving the motivation here! We are kicking august's *kitten*!!!!!! Keep it up.

Yes, keep your calories under and your water up!! That will help the weight fall off!

I am walking into the gym! Will be back later!!
  • debtfre12
    debtfre12 Posts: 203
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm "Ms. Jane Come Lately". Just joined your wonderful team today. I may be slow, but I'm sure!!! Please say you're have me. I'm done with Day 1's challenge of 50 Kick Squats, and you can count me in for at least 5 miles jog/run this week (I'll probably do more though).

Sorry, but I missed all of your 1st Week of Challenges. I'm not sure about the rules and procedures, so please share any with me.

Did I say how excited I was? No, I AM!!! I LOVE CHALLENGES!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Sincerely,
    Leah

SW: 196.8
    SW (on MFP-4/8/11): 186.8
    CW: 176
    GW1: Get out of 170s in Oct. 2011
    GW2: Get out of 160s in Feb. 2012
    GW3: Get out of 150s in June 2012
    GW4: Get out of 140s in Oct. 2012
    GW5: 135 in Jan. 2013
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    all set for this weeks challenges, will be keeping up the calorie and water one too

i may hate you by the end of the week tho lol
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    I failed to read the entire challenge sheet... We have to coordinate a 100 mile walk in ADDITION to what we already walk... I normally do 1 mile everyday so today I did 2. That put 1 mile towards our goal!!! Let me know how many EXTRA miles you walk each day either here on in my mail!! :)

ALSO! I need everyone to submit your favorite recipe with the nutritional information attached. If someone posts the same or similar recipe before you do, you need to use a different one!

Thanks for everything! Let's keep it going!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    I apologize for the delay. I am reaching out to some members who haven't logged in for a few days to determine if they are still in it to win it! For the time being, I am considering them "out" and not counting their points.

Weight Loss Results:
    Highest # of pounds lost - Hefinator 5.2 lbs!!!
    Highest % of weight lost - amandamiles69 4.1%

Team Weight Loss: 29.1 lbs. 6% of our total weight lost for 6 points
    Weekly Team Challenge (water calories): 99
    Daily Exercise Challenge: 99
    TOTAL POINTS FOR WEEK 1: 204

We did not receive any bonus points!!
  • hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Options
    wow, I lost the most pounds!? YAY ME!!! I couldnt do it without all my lovely MFP people!! all the encouragement helps me work harder!! Come on team!! Lets kick another weeks butt and get us some Bonus Points!! I'm hitting the road on lunch for an extra mile walk, and going hard at the gym today!!
    GO TEAM GO!!!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    I feel like a beast today!!!!! I did the swimmer's presses thingies, but should have used heavier weight, 5lbs. was not good enough! I did a full upper body set: tricep presses, bicep curls, chest press, shoulder press, crunches, etc. I did my mile on the treadmill with an extra mile on the elliptical!!

I hope everyone is keeping track of their EXTRA miles!!!! Don't forget to get your favorite recipe with the nutritional information!

I'm starving! Time for dinner!
  • debtfre12
    Options
    Day 2 Challenge (complete):

- 50 Deep Swimmers Press (done)
    - Walked 3 miles (towards wk 2 team 100 mile effort)
    - Walked 1 extra mile
    - Drank 96 oz. of water
    - Under daily caloric goal
  • debtfre12
    Options
    UPDATE: Day 2 Challenge (complete):

- 50 Deep Swimmers Press (done)
    - Walked 4.5 miles (towards wk 2 team 100 mile effort)
    - Walked 1 extra mile
    - Drank 96 oz. of water
    - Under daily caloric goal
  • MiriF
    MiriF Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello all -

Due to some health issues I am going to have to pull out of the challenge. I am sorry - I love the idea of the team and the support, and I hope I can participate in something in the future!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    Did we do our sit-ups and mountain climbers?? I did!! :)
  • debtfre12
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

Here's one of my favorite recipes. Hope you like it:

Easy Black Bean Enchiladas (Serves: 6 Prep: 21min; Cook: 34min Total: 55min)

INGREDIENTS:
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 onion, chopped
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1 teaspoon ground red pepper
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 1/2 cups salsa, divided
    12 corn tortillas (6" each), warmed according to package directions
    1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, well drained
    1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
    3 cups finely shredded lettuce
    6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 13" x 9" baking dish with cooking spray. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic, onion, bell pepper, red pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and black pepper for 5 to 7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Mash the beans and add to the skillet with 3/4 cup of the salsa. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 1/4 cup of bean mixture onto each tortilla. Roll loosely and place seam side down in the baking dish. Combine the tomatoes and the remaining salsa and pour over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot. Divide the lettuce among 6 plates. Top each with 2 enchiladas and 1 tablespoon sour cream.

NUTRITIONAL FACTS PER SERVING:
    CALORIES 297.5
    CALFAT 3.8g
    SATURATED FAT 1.2g
    SODIUM 1054.1mg
    CARBOHYDRATES 54.6g
    TOTAL SUGARS 7.9g
    DIETARY FIBER 13g
    PROTEIN 17.1g