2018 Lose 52 Pounds In 52 week’s Challenge

Options

Replies

• geordiegirl1892
    geordiegirl1892 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    hi
    I would love to do this challenge. Im a former fitness/aerobic instructor who needs to get her fitness back on track. Starting weight is:
    31/1/2018 10-13

Feel free to add me for each others support and would love to follow all your journeys throughout the year :)
  • vivalavida82
    vivalavida82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've logged for 40 consecutive days!

congrats! that's awesome! keep going!
  • tastelessmarinade
    Options
    Good job everyone!

weight: 160 lb
    Goal weight for this challenge: 140 lb
    Current weight: 159 lb
    Total weight lost: 1 lb

This week's successes: logged in calories all week and stayed within the recommended amount :smile: . I also tried to work in exercises while at school, like going for long walks and taking the stairs.
    This week's challenges: I haven't set aside any time for an actual workout. I also had KFC once this week when my family went out. Finding it harder to say no to junk food in a social setting, the peer pressure is real!

I think I need to invest in a new weighing scale, the graduations on mine are too large to approximate an accurate number.
    Happy to be in such a lovely community!
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Well i'm still with it and for Jan. lost exactly 4 lbs. But then I think there was 5 weeks. Oh well that's what it is.
  • charlouiselb
    charlouiselb Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 159
    Goal weight for end of 2018: 129
    Current weight: 153 (weighing at night)
    Total weight lost: 6
    Doing 52 weeks to help me think long-term & stick with it even if success is not a straight line.
    This week's successes: I now have a plan and a method for sticking with it.
    This week's challenges: I dialed in my calorie intake. I started at 1200 per MFP. Then adjusted to 1350 but lost a bit too quickly and was hungry. I tried 1500 but Scale numbers hovered without change. I’m going to try 1350 with calories added back in for exercise. See if I can hit macro targets & keep doing what I’m doing.
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Morning weigh in’s
    1/3 - N/A
    1/10 - 159
    1/17 - 156
    1/24 - 153
    1/31 - 151

• vivalavida82
    vivalavida82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    Next weeks Challenges: My 70 Birthday is Saturday, Friends taking me to BBQ restaurant Friday and wife and I are going to movie on Saturday. Super Bowl Sunday! Wife’s BD Monday and our 49th Wedding Anniversary is Thursday!!! Busy week!

That’s quite a busy week!
    Just wanted to pop in to say congrats on such an amazing journey and thanks for rooting for every one on the challenge!
    And congrats on all the goodies to celebrate this week. 49 Years of marriage, truly something I dream to celebrate one day!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    #jim376mfp, theer is a light at the end of the tunnel.Keep on keeping on!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    @vivalavida82 Thanks, my Mother’s name was Vida. When I see your User Name I wonder how she got her name. Her parents were German/Irish and she was born in Illinois 1917.

@12774 FYI use the @ to get notice sent to User Name.
    Thanks
    There may be a light but I have learned there is no Finish Line when you get to GW, you just keep doing what got you there. I am determined to not gain back like I did every other time in my life.
  • Elle_Marie_Fit
    Elle_Marie_Fit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This is such a great post. One pound a week seems so much less stressful than trying to lose rapidly. Thank you for the reminder that one pound a week will still equal 52 pounds in fifty-two weeks. Sometimes I forget that slow progress is real progress. <3
  • timechanging
    timechanging Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well i'm still with it and for Jan. lost exactly 4 lbs. But then I think there was 5 weeks. Oh well that's what it is.

I've been following this group. I lost 2.2 for January, was upset with myself by not losing more, but I'm the one that pokes the food in my mouth. It is hard to control my bad habits. Working on getting back on track.
  • moots4me
    moots4me Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    2013 SW 376.2
    69 yo 5’9”

2/1 Week Five of 52/52 Challenge:
    2018 Starting weight: 187.8
    Current weight: 188.2
    Goal Weight: 184
    This week: -1.4
    Total lost: +.4

This week's successes: Almost back to my December weight. I had a 3.8# Gain in January. Lost over a pound this week! SUCCESS!

Next weeks Challenges: My 70 Birthday is Saturday, Friends taking me to BBQ restaurant Friday and wife and I are going to movie on Saturday. Super Bowl Sunday! Wife’s BD Monday and our 49th Wedding Anniversary is Thursday!!! Busy week!

Wow, let festivities begin! Happy Birthday and Anniversary!
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Name: Tracie
    Height: 5' 10"

Starting weight: 298.4lbs
    Goal weight: 170lbs
    Current weight: 250.25lbs
    Total weight lost: 47.25lbs
    Total to go: 80.25lbs

This week's loss 1lbs
    This week's successes: being good during the week
    This week's challenges: getting back on track after a heavy weekend

Weigh-in day: FRIDAY

Jan 1st - 270.25lbs
    Jan 5th - 264.25lbs
    Jan 12th - 259.75lbs
    Jan 19th - 254.25lbs
    Jan 26th - 253.25lbs
    JAN LOSS - 17lbs

Feb 2nd - 250.25lbs
    Feb 9th -
    Feb 16th -
    Feb 23rd -
    FEB LOSS - 3lbs

Mar 2nd -
    Mar 9th -
    Mar 16th -
    Mar 23rd -
    Mar 30th -
    MAR LOSS -

Apr 6th -
    Apr 13th -
    Apr 20th -
    Apr 27th -
    APR LOSS

May 4th -
    May 11th -
    My 17th -
    May 25th -
    MAY LOSS -

June 1st -
    June 8th -
    June 15th -
    June 22nd -
    June 30th -
    JUNE LOSS -

July 6th -
    July 13th -
    July 20th -
    July 27th -
    JULY LOSS

Aug 3rd -
    Aug 10th -
    Aug 17th -
    Aug 24th -
    Aug 31st -
    AUG LOSS

Sept 7th -
    Sept 14th -
    Sept 21st - ON HOLIDAY NO ACCESS TO SCALES
    Sept 28th - ON HOLIDAY NO ACCESS TO SCALES
    1 Oct 1st day home
    HOLIDAY DAMAGE

Oct 5th -
    Oct 12th -
    Oct 19th -
    Oct 26th -
    OCT LOSS

Nov 2nd -
    Nov 9th -
    Nov 16th -
    Nov 23rd -
    Nov 30th -
    NOV LOSS

Dec 7th -
    Dec 14th -
    Dec 21st -
    Dec 28th -
    Dec 31st -
    DECEMBER DAMAGE
  • Skinniedipper
    Skinniedipper Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Weigh day today!
    Start weight: 215
    Goal weight: 135
    Current weight: 206.2
    Loss this week: 1.5

This week's successes: Got my eating back on track, after a busy weekend of going out, followed by the next week of using up some bad choices from grocery shopping :/

This week's challenges: the cold weather and my LO's unpredictable naps are making it difficult to want to work out :(
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Yes it's cold here also. Was thinking of going out to walk at Arena until I looked at thermometer. -32 no good day to stay at home. But thinking won't take the lbs off. And there's no way to undo the harm done in the last three days. For tomorrow my weight in day. No nobody twisted my arm to make me eat that chocolate I did it to myself.
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 177.6 #
    Goal weight: 125 #
    BF%: 18-20
    5k done !
    10k - maybe February, if I can find one.
    Half Marathon in April
    Marathon in May
    Last week: 172.4#
    Current weight: 169.4 #
    Total weight lost: 8.2 #

This week's successes: I'm up to running 5-6 miles continuously without my back being in ridiculous pain. Yoga is helping with that. It feels great, but I'm also quite sore most of the time.

This week's challenges: Just feeling tired, tense and a little sad to leave this area.