Shred Calories

So today was Day 1 doing the Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred. I had my heart rate monitor on... and I only burned 153 calories. I started with level 1... but thinking maybe I should be at level 2. If you're doing the shred, how many calories are you burning & what size weights are you using? Are you still doing other cardio along with the shred? :smile:

Replies

• lovelyfacex3
    lovelyfacex3 Posts: 68 Member
    So today was Day 1 doing the Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred. I had my heart rate monitor on... and I only burned 153 calories. I started with level 1... but thinking maybe I should be at level 2. If you're doing the shred, how many calories are you burning & what size weights are you using? Are you still doing other cardio along with the shred? :smile:

I burn around 250; I use 'circuit training' and I'm probably significantly larger than you so I burn more generally. I use 5 lb weights which are killer for me for most exercises. I do a lot of other cardio along with the shred. I just feel better doing more than 20 mins.
  • jojospero
    jojospero Posts: 92 Member
    Thanks! I used a 5lb also. It seemed ok... except for one exercise, so I switched to a 3lb for some reps. I'll keep doing level 1 and see how it goes... hope to see some results!
  • lovelyfacex3
    lovelyfacex3 Posts: 68 Member
    You will! Trust me.
  • how much did the dvds cost? im just curious.
  • jojospero
    jojospero Posts: 92 Member
    Don't know... got it as a gift from someone who loves me! ;)