fasting plans suggestions please!

Options
I am looking to start a doing a liquid fast or juice fast this week. I will have 6 days off from work and I feel it will be good for me.

I have been googing and searching MFP and I cannot find what I am looking for, so I thought I would ask my trusty MFP friends.

This is why I want to fast: I have been having issues lately with either over eating or binging. I have been eating things like McDonalds, which I hard ever eat. I need something to break the nasty cycle of grease, fat, sodium, and Caffein addiction. I have been really stressed out at work and at home. I have such a lack of energy I just want to lay in bed all day. I have started to have to take sleeping pills again to be able to sleep. So something needs to change.

What I am looking for: I would like something that allows me to have everything be liquid. I can blend it in the blender. I am considering doing smoothies and protein shakes. When I say smoothies, I mean take fruit like a banana and mix with plain chobani yogurt and some ice. Also I want to have one of my liquid drinks be with vegetables.

So, if you have done anything like this before, please let me know. If possible post any helpful websites. I cannot seem to find anything specific.

Thank you everyone,
Jen
(this is my body, if you do not approve, read a different post, no negative nillies please!)

Replies

• fas815
    fas815 Posts: 31
    Options
    I would like to try this myself... if u get any suggestions let me know also. I dont know if i could do it for a week, but i'd like to try it for maybe 3 days. I'm always looking for new ideas. Feel free to add me for support if you'd like.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    thank you, I will send a request.
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Dont know much about it, but one of my mfp friends had a shakeology on their food diary, so I googled it and I dont' think it's meant to be for every meal but a one meal replacement. It seems to full of vitamins and nutrients. The website is www.myshakeology.com if you want to check it out!
  • carloP90X
    carloP90X Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi Jen -

Please consider watching/renting this great documentary called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". Here is the link to the site http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/.

I am so inspired by author as well as the people wanting a lifetime of healthy change. I am currently happy with my nutrition plan but as soon as my plan becomes stagnant I am going to start the "reboot" juicing nutrition plan.

best of luck and please blog if you do the reboot plan.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I recently saw a post about something called fat, sick and nearly dead, and it's all about "juicing". Here's the site: http://jointhereboot.com/ I've recently started making smoothies with fruit only, nothing else, and have added them into my diet, as well as my children's. They're loving it, and want to try some veggies too, so we're off to the store tomorrow! I'm occssionally substituting it for meals, and my kids are just adding it into their diets, but this site has a very clear plan laid out you could follow. It also tells the difference between "juicing" and blending, but I think either way you're going to come out ahead! Good Luck!!!
  • Maura5
    Maura5 Posts: 30
    Options
    I use Shakeology for a 3-day cleanse. It helps get rid of a lot of toxins & helps eliminate that bloat that often comes along with dieting, in my experience.